Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please change the "Ignore" graphic to "Mute"; it looks like a PM button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

Recruiter

11-13-2011

On the scoreboard, the "Ignore" button does not obviously indicate its function. It took me a while to realize it was a mute toggle.

Although it might not look as pretty as the speech bubble, I propose the following utilitarian fix:

mute?

which when clicked turns red and says

MUTED

That would make it crystal clear.

See also this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1448728

wherein a few people describe their confusion. It took me quite a while to realize that was an ignore switch myself.

Credit to Oberic:

Quote:
Oberic:
They are I've had friends mute me trying to fix it, they had to re-add me to friends after in some cases.

A chat bubble doesn't make sense for mute/ignore icon.

A simple fix would be to replace it with the Silenced icon.

A sure fix would be to replace the icon with the word "Mute", and have a tick box next to it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShenTianWen

11-14-2011

Oh, that's what that icon means! Yes, I agree that its purpose should be more obvious.