Lantern on Warwick, worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

I been playing jungle tank/tanky WW lately, and my first items tend to be madred's razor to speed my jungling up, but I been wondering which I should end up building into?
Lantern is cheap and gives a bit of quick bonus stats and free ward, but I feel the life steal isn't exactly useful on WW, but bloodrazor is much more expensive so I'll be stuck with the razor for awhile until I can build it.
Just curious if any WW players can help me decide?

Flagonslayer

11-12-2011

Getting wriggles lantern is important as a jungler. It's a warding tool that enables you to help a lane that's struggling by warding for them or a tool to use to ward the enemy red or blue buffs and gank their jungler when they go to get their buff.

The lifesteal is not wasted on ww at all. It turns him into a very very tough nut to crack! I generally build wriggles lantern along with merc treads and Spirit Visage for health / CDR / 15% increased lifesteal and magic resist, all things that a good Warwick player needs.

Once you get Wits End you will have enough magic resist and armor to stand up to anything 1v1 and come out on top simply because you will out heal the damage they do compared to what you can dish out. Not only that but you will become extremely scary to the other team. You cannot be CC'd easily because of your merc treads and the mid lane mage who is thinking himself a god due to solo lane gold and XP will have to worry about this jungler who is 3-4 lvls lower than him and yet still able to take him out 1v1.

Most people will suggest Frozen Heart but that's a very expensive item and difficult to rush without a string of successful ganks. If you're still new to Warwick just use the build I typed out above. Bloodrazor lost a bunch of its shine when his ult got changed from on-hit to flat magic damage. Wits End on the other hand still offers amazing survivability to this monster who cannot die 1v1.

By the way, having wriggles lantern allows you to solo dragon at lvl 7 without fear of dying due to low proc rate of the item. Controlling dragon kills is your #1 priority after making sure your towers are safe and this thing seals the deal.

Inconvenience

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

WL is one of the most gold efficient items for an physical damage champ.

Even if the unique active were to be removed, it would still be very gold efficient.

Hunger Beast

11-13-2011

I'm not an expert player, but as far as I know I believe they only changed the visual effects of Warwick's ultimate: it DOES still proc on-hit effects.

Flagonslayer

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunger Beast View Post
I'm not an expert player, but as far as I know I believe they only changed the visual effects of Warwick's ultimate: it DOES still proc on-hit effects.
Read the text of the ultimate. No more "every .5 seconds" on hit. It was changed to flat magic damage instead of physical damage.

StrykRaishou

11-13-2011

From what I understand, Warwick is a slow jungler... Wriggle's Lantern would probably be very good on him early game especially since he builds a lot of attack speed.

However, I don't believe I have ever seen a warwick build one. Maybe Warwicks consider having the Madred's Razor good enough until they can build Bloodrazor, at which point they probably don't need much more jungle speed.

1ronLung

Recruiter

11-13-2011

The two choices for WW are MBR or WL. IMO WW should be a tanky DPS or pure tank. WL is a quick cheap buy for him and it immediately lets you start building up your tank gear for midgame. MBR is a ton of gold. it may be a great choice if the enemy hasn't gotten magic resist, however I wouldnt build it right away since it's a gold sink when you should be getting defensive items like SV and Sunfire. Wriggles give you a free ward also, which is invaluable IMO. after placing 2 wards, which is 6 minutes, the item has paid for itself.

Bicho Feote

11-13-2011

Warwick is my main champion since i remember, and i play jungle tankwick which makes him invincible.
My build goes as following:
- Cloth Armour, x4 Health pots (you only need 1 or 2 for jungle, other 2 are in case of emergency or for after a gank)
- Madreds Razors
- Mercury Threads
-Spirit Vissage
-SunfireCape
-Guardian Angel
- Madreds Bloodrazors (from madred u had)
- Whatever u want.

Of course u can change the items depending on the situation but this build works EXTREMLY GOOD on wariwck, you should give it a try.

piepiepiepiepi47

06-21-2012

Archangels, Archangels, Archangels, Rabadons, MOrellos

Gramps69

06-21-2012

I typically open with boots and 3 pots if i'm jungling and then get madreds my first recall, and then my next recall i upgrade to mobility boots and wriggles lantern. Mobility boots let me jungle faster and get to potential ganks faster as well. Mid game i usually trade out the mob boots for merc treads or tabi, depending on the enemy team. As for Wriggles Lantern, I usually keep it until late game when I trade it out for either a madreds bloodrazor, bloodthirster, or potentially a warmogs, depending on what our team needs.