Bottom lane is too important and is destroying Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Im confident that removing promote would increase the viability of solo bot champs.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
Ya I've definitely tried 2 bot or even 3 bot. It takes a more coordinated team to see this through but I've definitely won games with that strat.
It won't be a viable strat when a competitive scene comes to Dom.

It's MUCH harder to hold bottom left/right (depending on what side you're on) than it is to hold top. Your reinforcements take too long and theirs take none.

You win bot, you win Dom. If you can force a single one of their team to help their bot lane vs yours, you will win the game.

lbgsloan

11-16-2011

This title should be changed to: People who don't want to think have MADE bottom lane too important and has stagnated the metagame. The people complaining about sending bot help are probably the same ones who ignore struggling lanes on SR and flame their teammates instead of trying to help. BREAKING NEWS: Somebody is going to lose a 1v1 fight sometime. 50% of the time, it's going to be your team. Maybe you should do something to help instead of only helping once bot has been taken and your team is now in a panic? Switch people out if it's a bad matchup, gank for them, ninja-cap their bot when the defender is way overextended...it's a TEAM game, assist your TEAM instead of being a **** and flaming anyone who isn't 30/0.

Ikruti

11-16-2011

Heh, don't you love that? You're holding bot just fine 1v1, maybe even winning, then the enemy decides to send 3 or 4 bot and you get crushed. Meanwhile 4 of your team can't seem to push a single Teemo off the Windmill and then yell at you for dying to a 4v1 at bot....

Ulstan

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Are you hard of reading? He clearly said they are going to 2v1 bot leaving the rest of their team outnumbered.

So no, you aren't going to win windmill, idiot. And yes, they will take your mid because they now outnumber you at top and have probably killed at least 1 player (probably more).

So, again, what are you going to do now that they control the entire top of the map because of your "clever" 2v1 bot strat?
Why on earth would your team charge off to their deaths like lemmings? If you send 2 bottom, the 3 at top need to play cautiously.

3 defending a node against 4 will easily, easily win. So the enemies have their mid and windmill, you have your mid and bottom and their bottom.

Narogsun

11-16-2011

people solo bot cos if bot is taken you can take it back really fast or you can just take enemy point

FDru

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulstan View Post
Why on earth would your team charge off to their deaths like lemmings? If you send 2 bottom, the 3 at top need to play cautiously.

3 defending a node against 4 will easily, easily win. So the enemies have their mid and windmill, you have your mid and bottom and their bottom.
What is the rest of your team going to do, wait for the enemy to take Windmill then farm some minions? So your strategy for them is "do nothing for the first 5 minutes of the game"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavi View Post
Secondly, I disagree entirely with the statement "there are only a few champs viable on bottom lane". Any champ viable as a solo laner on Rift can bot on Dominion. Personally, I have found the following extremely useful on botlane... Yorick, Caitlyn, Heimer, Morgana, Teemo, Nasus, Singed, Veigar, Graves, Maokai, Garen, Shyvana... pretty much any ranged ad carry or tank should do, and most ap if they're careful. I think people overthink bot lane, just farm and (if you can) push >.>
When people say that they're referring to champs that can both push, stop a push and win a 1v1. You know, champs that can actually win the lane instead of just farm. And no, not every champ that can solo lane in SR is cut out for it here, because most can't push for sh*t. Any champ that cannot both push and stop a massive push are not cut out for bot, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Im confident that removing promote would increase the viability of solo bot champs.
I'm confident that you know nothing. Promote is irrelevant, stop talking about it.

mufins

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
its better to run exhaust bot imo, getting a champ kill bot lane means you get a free capture point and can buy a ton of time for your team to capture windmill if they don't already have it.

Mamichan

11-18-2011

I always believe you need at least 1 roamer in dominion instead of purely being in one place, maybe 2 roamers even. Someone has to do a mix of ganking bot, defending mid, attacking solo/buff taking people in the middle. That's part of the stuff I try to do while playing dom, you can't purely play for points and win easily, you need to take advantage of the enemy's weaknesses. Also I feel the #1 thing is watching the enemy to see where they go, if they send 2 or 3 bot, someone must go back to help asap obviously. Also applies when there's only 1 defending top and there's 3 or 4 going top to attack. Awareness is key just like SR.