Bottom lane is too important and is destroying Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowlingKommando

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Or even worse, the feeling when you hold bot the entire game and still lose because you can't ****ing leave the lane.
I definitely agree with this point.

Some of the biggest problems with bottom lane is that it's a terribly monotonous/cheeze fest and you can't leave the lane for the whole game.

However, I also agree that better team coordination would allow better and more diverse strategies. It's difficult to plan them out without an arranged team though. Dominion is such a fast paced game, that you really don't have enough time to type in chat the more advanced tricky stuff every time you play.

Tale Feather

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
And people wonder why no one wants to play bot anymore. If you fail you've lost the game for everyone and if you succeed you get the glory of coming in last place on your team while some squishy boasts about how unstoppable he is
This is so bull.

I play Kayle in bot and I'm often first/second place just by teasing the tug of war in our favor.

If ALL you are doing is huddling bot trying to keep it safe, and not flexing/capping as needed, of course you're going to be in last place, and you deserve it.

If you're doing your job right, your CS, captures, and champion kills both offense and defenc will get you a good ranking.

OxBaker

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
This is so bull.

I play Kayle in bot and I'm often first/second place just by teasing the tug of war in our favor.

If ALL you are doing is huddling bot trying to keep it safe, and not flexing/capping as needed, of course you're going to be in last place, and you deserve it.

If you're doing your job right, your CS, captures, and champion kills both offense and defenc will get you a good ranking.
Your right. I obviously am not suited for bot so next time I'll join the nine out of ten other players that won't play it. Congrats on your success!

FDru

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
This is so bull.

You're stupid.

If the enemy laner lets you kill them repeatedly and the enemy team stupidly lets you take their bot over and over, then grats on your undeserved top score.

Get stuck in a stalemate against a competent opponent? Have fun getting last place even if you don't miss a single minion kill.

Deathnor

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
I recently had a round where a guy who played Irelia said right off the start, "I'm going to be splitting my time between top and bottom".

After I clarified that he wanted to "help" me (Yorick) with bot, and one of our players raged at him, we played and what he'd do is any time he either couldn't take top cause of a lack of other teammates or if we had top and it wasn't in immediate risk, he'd use the speed buff to race around to their bot turret and whether malz had pushed his lane or was hugging his turret, we'd ganked him and take the turret. That bottom lane is kinda hard to get away from if your anywhere between the two turrets and have two champs sandwich you.

I kept saving my ult so even if I was low I could still stick around the turret and hold it for a bit.

Most players will just stream like lemmings towards top and then just hang out under the turret waiting for additional teammates in order to try and take it. This guy would force the other team to give up defending top as they went down to dislodge me and then he'd go take it.

Was amazed how well it worked. I gave him credit at the end for winning the match for us (although he got pretty fed from all those ganks/captures and had a great score regardless).
hate quoting such long posts but this. ive had the most luck and unlucky streaks with built in speed boost chars or stealths.most notable for the job of roaming id say goes to blitz have yet to get one on my team but they are pretty fast and disruptive enough to ensure i die unless i blow have all cds up and blow everything. twitch was best ive had on my team. they just dont see him coming and it works out to a pretty constant 2 oppent on bot.

mufins

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
Ya I've definitely tried 2 bot or even 3 bot. It takes a more coordinated team to see this through but I've definitely won games with that strat.
In theory it shouldn't work. The defending team can reinforce the point much faster than the offensive team can giving them a "defender's advantage". Sending more than one champ bot means your investing in capturing a point that has a defender's advantage over one that doesn't (windmill). The only way you would win is if your opponent's didn't know how to deal with it which isn't exactly the most consistent way to win games.

Javin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
I definitely agree with this point.

Some of the biggest problems with bottom lane is that it's a terribly monotonous/cheeze fest and you can't leave the lane for the whole game.

However, I also agree that better team coordination would allow better and more diverse strategies. It's difficult to plan them out without an arranged team though. Dominion is such a fast paced game, that you really don't have enough time to type in chat the more advanced tricky stuff every time you play.
Yes too true.

Bot lane is like the solo lane that never ends. You might get ganked occasionally or push to their tower but it isn't long until its that same ole 1v1. Its usually boring or unpleasant.

PrometheanRage

11-14-2011

I love bot. I always volunteer to go bot unless someone else really really wants it, which doesn't happen often.

Having ganks on bot is super helpful - often win when it happens for me, lose when it happens to me.

I would disagree with destroying the game, though. People just need to understand that bot really shouldn't be a 1v1 the whole match. Ganking is super influential on what happens bot, and thus the match overall. Even neutralizing their bot for a bit can relieve a lot of pressure when I am pushed.

tldr: i love bot.

Pandashark

11-14-2011

Okay, maybe it's just because I didn't play much of the classic mode before I started playing dominion, but I found this thread hilariously ridiculous.

I completely agreeing with the few voices of reason pointing out that there is no rule stating one person has to stay in the bottom lane the whole game. Sometimes I'm in the top lane, sometimes I'm in the bottom, the point is a go where I'm needed. If you can't beat the guy on bottom then, forget 'em, go help your team get the top three points. 3-2, you still win.

I play solo games and I play games with friends and in each case, I never hear people talking about someone being assigned the specific role of laning bottom.

The point is this, there is no laning. It's game about about feint and distraction and catching you opponents off-guard. The worst thing you can do in this game is to stand around trying to hold one point all day. That will make you lose. You're not losing because of Yorick, you are losing because you are using the wrong strategy.

Finally, quite the *****ing about Yorick. I've won and lost all sorts of games with all sorts of character combinations. I've seen people go 26-2 with Olaf and I've seen people go 2-11 with him. What matters is the person controlling the character.

Chingmeister

11-14-2011

Someone with boots 5 who burns ghost can interrupt the opposing bottom cap, then meet up with their teams bot to 2v1 take bottom.