Bottom lane is too important and is destroying Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dredzach

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
This exactly. It's so easy to run around behind and gank the champ that's pushing your bot turret and then take their turret after killing them but even when people see that their teammate is about to lose bottom, it seems like they would rather just keep streaming top and follow it up with "Why you lose bot noob?".
Clearly the important thing here is to just hand over windmill and bail out your terrible bottom. Then fight tooth and nail to get windmill back, meanwhile your bottom is getting neutralized cause he can't defend without a hand to hold. A fail bottom is a lost game.

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2011

hold windmill
gank bottom
use storm shield
win games

issfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

11-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Nobody is forcing you to solo bottom lane.

Perhaps you should keep an open mind? 2 bottom, 3 top is a very common strategy. It allows more of a variety of champions to go to bottom lane without suffering any weaknesses of being solo.

There's no 1 way to play Dominion, you know. You have the Summoner's Rift mindset; everyone respectfully shuffles into their own lanes like robots, the lanes all go in one direction, and you just push the towers down repeatedly until you get to the nexus and win. No, that's not how it works on Dominion.

And you don't need to start as 2 bottom, 3 top. You could start the traditional way of 4 top, 1 bot, then send a second man down to bottom later. Or you can start off as 2 bot. Choices, choices.
Ya I've definitely tried 2 bot or even 3 bot. It takes a more coordinated team to see this through but I've definitely won games with that strat.

Hugs From Momma

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
Ya I've definitely tried 2 bot or even 3 bot. It takes a more coordinated team to see this through but I've definitely won games with that strat.
Some games seem to turn into a battle for bot, which is fun. Once one side starts overloading with 2 or 3 consistently, and the other team is often obliged to do the same.

AhhShucks

11-14-2011

My friends and I were messing around sending 4 bot and 1 top for awhile. Nobody ever saw it coming. We wound up getting a lot of super early 4 caps out of it leading into very interesting and different games.

None of us really play dominion much anymore though.

lbgsloan

11-14-2011

Thank goodness there's SOME reason in this thread. Yes, bot does not have to be 1v1 all game. There is no law saying so, people just fall into that SR mentality of obeying the metagame and never thinking for themselves. There's been many games I've seen where someone is losing bot and never gets any support. By the time anyone comes to help, their point has been capped and now the opposing team needs to send 3 or even 4 people to retake it from a strong defender. This is what loses games, not the bot guy losing 1v1. SOMEBODY has to lose that fight, and if it looks like your team GO HELP SOONER THAN LATER.

Ganking an overextending Heimer results in the enemy team losing their bot. Not ganking an overextending Heimer results in Heimer sitting on your bot with two extra turrets, his ult ready and an Hourglass charged. You'll lose top you say? You can't hold 3v4 with a turret? Seriously?

jovibotrel

11-14-2011

+1

srsizzy

11-14-2011

Quote:
Your team does have to be smart. If a team consistently sends two bot, it disrupts what people are used to and the entire match gets mixed up instead of the constant 4-top strat. It's viable if your comp is right, but it can also lose you the game (failing to get bot or top ever). You generally still need a good bot lane champ (with a lot of AoE/CC) to pull it off well, or you'll just lose the opposing bot point too fast.

OxBaker

11-14-2011

Quote:
I recently had a round where a guy who played Irelia said right off the start, "I'm going to be splitting my time between top and bottom".

After I clarified that he wanted to "help" me (Yorick) with bot, and one of our players raged at him, we played and what he'd do is any time he either couldn't take top cause of a lack of other teammates or if we had top and it wasn't in immediate risk, he'd use the speed buff to race around to their bot turret and whether malz had pushed his lane or was hugging his turret, we'd ganked him and take the turret. That bottom lane is kinda hard to get away from if your anywhere between the two turrets and have two champs sandwich you.

I kept saving my ult so even if I was low I could still stick around the turret and hold it for a bit.

Most players will just stream like lemmings towards top and then just hang out under the turret waiting for additional teammates in order to try and take it. This guy would force the other team to give up defending top as they went down to dislodge me and then he'd go take it.

Was amazed how well it worked. I gave him credit at the end for winning the match for us (although he got pretty fed from all those ganks/captures and had a great score regardless).

OxBaker

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredzach View Post
Clearly the important thing here is to just hand over windmill and bail out your terrible bottom. Then fight tooth and nail to get windmill back, meanwhile your bottom is getting neutralized cause he can't defend without a hand to hold. A fail bottom is a lost game.
And people wonder why no one wants to play bot anymore. If you fail you've lost the game for everyone and if you succeed you get the glory of coming in last place on your team while some squishy boasts about how unstoppable he is