Bottom lane is too important and is destroying Dominion

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
People often blame the "solo" bottom lane for losing. However, they fail to realize that Dominion is a 5 v 5 team game. The moment the team observed that their bottom lane ally is struggling against the superior enemy bottom (say, Yorick), the team should have reacted and immediately send a 2nd man to gank bottom. Then, the 2 teammates continue pushing bottom and capture the enemy bottom tower.
Except what actually happens is Yorick runs back to his turret and sits there, holding you off and wasting the time of 2 of your team members for nothing. He can't be killed, because tower diving a Yorick is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever and he'll just get a double kill. If he has a brain... no, scratch that, if he has even two working brain cells.

This would be fine and dandy if he wasn't the best pusher in the game on top of it, with ultra spammable ranged harass, and incredible sustain. And good luck ganking him when "overextended" (like that even matters to Yorick) while he permasnares you.

Yeah, no such thing as beating a Yorick in lane without plain outnumbering him all game long. Unless he's ****ing bad (hey, it happens sometimes right?)

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
switch with another player of the opposite dmg type.
This. It will become commonplace as more people figure it out.

Lolkoopa

11-13-2011

I've lost games when I played bottom since my teammates refused to gank bottom or help when it was a 2v1 or 3v1. They'd cap windmill at sit there while the enemy team sent 3 bot. I've also won games when people coordinated ganks at the bottom. Yesterday I was playing Teemo and Jax on my team was pretty smart, he knew when to gank bottom and we captured bottom a few times. He knew when to back off from top and when to gank.

If you notice that your bot player is struggling help him/her out

Stez007

11-13-2011

The one thing I disagree with is the "pitifully small" number of bot lane champions. I can easily name 20 champions that are solid bottom lane picks, but some champions counter others particularly well. For example, Nasus counters mostly all melee bottom laners, Sivir counters most pushers, Morgana counters most AP, etc. Plenty of others can hold their own very well, and even a countered champion can survive if the player is skilled.

Otherwise I agree it is a bit too important, but as mentioned it doesnt have to be a 1v1. My team usually ends up raging at me if I lose 1v2, but doesn't think to send a second even if I actually need it. It's a shame, really, but it's mostly a solo queue problem.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

I just play twitch and wait for their team to push our lane to our tower so he has zero chance to escape gank. Then again I only play normal and I only play against others who always go tryhard champs (heim, rammus, shaco, kass). So boring, so I only play unpopular champs.

Squidget

11-13-2011

I'm not really sure what the design goals are for bottom lane. Right now it's hard to tell what role the lane is supposed to play because the champion balance of bottom lane carries is pretty bad. Pick Yorick or lose.

Imalia

11-13-2011

You know who doesn't really care about Yorick? Soraka. Just push all the way in with Starcall which also slaughters his minions as well, Infuse harass him and kite to keep him away from melee range and Promote your minion wave to neutralize the point once the line reaches it. Don't stay there if you see backup coming for a gank before the point is taken for real but if you can continue the minion push, you'll grind the point down to where you'll have it and can immediately Garrison to keep divers out.

I don't see it as being more important than Windmill, although they're both points that you can't afford to lose for long. Windmill is still more contentious due to the equidistance between the two teams and bottom is reinforceable from a base recall. Losing the point is disasterous only because you have to dedicate effort to retaking it while the enemy is free to cap Windmill and hold a 3 or 4 point cap depending on whether you manage to take the bottom point back.

Seņor Pancho

11-13-2011

Quote:
Pick Yorick or lose.
what they need to do with yorick, the ONE thing that really pisses me off, if that his ult is not only on pretty a short cooldown, but it kinda has a semi revive built-in, since his respawn timer starts at the same time he becomes a ghost. so after the ghost expires, he revives 3-4-5 seconds later, depending on the "wave" and the point difference.

KimKelley

11-13-2011

I win my lane bottom a fair bit but my team often has problems keeping top and thus we lose. Also any team with a stealth character or a quick engage character (kass) should be able to punish the over engaged yorick player and then you simply take his bot.

The Shank

11-13-2011

Bot lane is not ruining this game... you need to have more of an open mind

123456 ... 7