what's up with wukong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

I play wukong a bit. I do well with him pretty much every game. when someone else plays him the team with wukong also seems to always win. Yet there really isn't anything about him that I can say "oh yeah this is overpowered". his cc is pretty minor, his damage is good but not that good, and that's about it. nothing really stand out against the numerous other melee champions.

Stimuz

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
I play wukong a bit. I do well with him pretty much every game. when someone else plays him the team with wukong also seems to always win. Yet there really isn't anything about him that I can say "oh yeah this is overpowered". his cc is pretty minor, his damage is good but not that good, and that's about it. nothing really stand out against the numerous other melee champions.
AD caster.

IIxeenoxII

11-17-2011

team fights favor him in his passive, Q lowers armor and subsequent attack deals more dmg, evasiveness in his W albeit not much, it's there, he gains AS after using his E. This and I believe that coupling his kit with sheen is where his effectiveness on Dom lies, again this is IMO.

Hikaru Genji

11-17-2011

The ult wins team/fights, and Q -30% Armor along with Dom passive ARP = crush.

iProbie

11-17-2011

he hurts so much with arpen quints + marks which is what I'm running atm for him

at the start, he already gets 31 armor pen + 21% armor pen + % armor reduction from Q
plus I grab ghostblade for him, giving more and more penetration power! (no joke intended)

lbgsloan

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
he hurts so much with arpen quints + marks which is what I'm running atm for him

at the start, he already gets 31 armor pen + 21% armor pen + % armor reduction from Q
plus I grab ghostblade for him, giving more and more penetration power! (no joke intended)
It's the same with all bursty AD casters. Pantheon and Talon destroy everything too, because they crush anyone that isn't stacking armour in seconds. The offensive tree was intentionally overbuffed to try and make LoL more aggressive. Unfortunately it combines with the Dominion passive buff to make Dominion now hyper-aggressive. Sustained damage doesn't matter when you're bursting people in one combo.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

His ult is probably the best defensive ult in the game. I've seen a wukong take down 3 people trying to cap thanks to that ult. The armor reduction on Q is also major, as it makes whomever gets hit get shredded fast. He can use the W to escape/defend and his E is a good gap closer. All in all, he has a solid kit for Dominion.

ScionOfHRH

Recruiter

11-18-2011

I main Wukong on Dominion 90% of the time. He used to be underpowered till he got his recent buffs, but now he's pretty much spot on. He's much more fun to play now. I changed my build as well, going from DPS to critical strikes. I can 1v2 against certain champs now (this is also because my skills have improved along with changing how I play him) if I am completely off of cooldowns, especially. His ultimate is so good on Dominion since you can play offense or defense with it.

Warrrrax

11-18-2011

Wukong is pretty strong. He is basically an intelligent version of Xin. He lacks the built-in slow on his Charge (which phage/mallet fixes and then some), and he can't drop quite the huge burst.

BUT, he doesn't autolose when someone manages to escape him after he charges due to long ass 12s cooldown. He can easily escape from a fight using Decoy unlike Xin who is all-in every time.

AoE knockup is pretty good too as an ult. :-)

Plus he keeps getting buffed while xin gets nerfed.

Matake

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
Build him as a tank and he can defend a point against several people. I build everyone as a tank with the same build and Wukong is one that stands out since his base damage is higher than average.

Remember ladies: you can't deal damage when you're dead. So build high defenses and your damage will eventually kill anything.