Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reclaiming Inactive Summoner Names Phase 2!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoyDD

Recruiter

11-11-2011

I was wondering if u can reclaim the names of the accounts that got permaban?

nuthusk

11-11-2011

Quote:
This shouldn't include accounts who have purchased riot points. Just as a courtesy if for anything.
i agree.

also, make it so that they keep the same amount of ip and champions. its a nice freebie when you register a name and you discover that they have some ip. a lvl.1 dont have much ip but hey, some people play a lot of customs and are still lvl.1

Reiver

11-11-2011

To clarify, this does NOT include accounts that are AT level 4 currently right?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

drdahlser

11-11-2011

Quote:
ilolbutter:
Well that still is useless to me, the guy with my name is level 6, but still has no games in his match history. I bought $20 of riot points in anticipation, something I didn't want to do, as money is tight, but this guy still has the name I want. After seeing this announced, I was happy that I might finally get it, but to my dismay, it was only level 4 and under, so this level 6 guy is fine. You should also make them play a game, even co-op vs ai, just to prove that they actually play or care enough to play instead of just logging in once. Riot has never seriously let me down before, and I would really like that to continue.

Wait? So I guess he's been playing customs I guess. But doesn't that prove he cares enough to play approximately 20 custom games to reach level 6?

Cow McMoo

Recruiter

11-11-2011

in other words... free name change for those coming back to LoL after a long time =D

STE1NER

11-11-2011

Sigh... the account I want is level 5 with 7 wins... sigh. It has been inactive for well over a year.

My Giant

11-11-2011

I want a free name change too. I dont think that's fair

Epicbethyname

11-11-2011

Yeah, I got a e-mail about some of my alt accounts, but I don't think anyone wants PankoBerry.

LeGeR

Recruiter

11-11-2011

This is good news. I'm surprised to see some of you actually managed to complain. Just be patient. This is Phase 2. It means, there can be a Phase 3 sometime. Right now, Riot Games is being prudent. They recently released 860,000 summoner names in a prudent way. That's very good.

Commander Banana

11-11-2011

I like that they are doing a phase 2 but I don't like that all people have to do is log in. You know there are some hoarders out there that will protect their name stash that they'll never use. I wish that if accounts were created and went without seeing any play that they became, for lack of a better word, guest accounts. They would use generic Player######## names until they played a certain amount, like until they reach level 10. At that time they would get a name and would need a minimal amount of playtime to keep their name safe, say... a game a week.

I just came up with that right now, it's not great, but it's better than nothing. I just don't like the fact that I bet there are people out there with like 30 fantastic names that will almost never see a game.