Udyr and TriForce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asdfjoey

06-26-2010

I've played Udyr for quite some time now and have always got TriForce as my first main item, but looking at it more closely TriForce looks a little weak.

My build goes: (Tiger Udyr BTW)
Phage > Ninja Tabi/Merc > TriForce > Madreds/Bloodthrister (depends on the team) > Madreds/Blood/Cleaver > Tank Item (Most games don't last this long)

TriForce seems like a tankish/DPS item and isn't really necessary. I've notice that most games I'm getting like 2x more assist than kills and my kills are usually 3-7. Should I go a different build?

Hewn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjoey View Post
I've played Udyr for quite some time now and have always got TriForce as my first main item, but looking at it more closely TriForce looks a little weak.

My build goes: (Tiger Udyr BTW)
Phage > Ninja Tabi/Merc > TriForce > Madreds/Bloodthrister (depends on the team) > Madreds/Blood/Cleaver > Tank Item (Most games don't last this long)

TriForce seems like a tankish/DPS item and isn't really necessary. I've notice that most games I'm getting like 2x more assist than kills and my kills are usually 3-7. Should I go a different build?

Tri force is a solid item on Udyr. The art of getting kills is hard, you have to time your Tiger stance properly for that burst, but otherwise he isn't really good at getting killing blows, just training people or cleaning up fights.

I used to run standard tri force build, but have followed others footsteps in running an Innervating Locket. With his spam of abilities, the group potential is ridiciulous. Max Pheonix and Turtle, you can just stay in fights and be an amazing asset.

Petrìfied

06-26-2010

oops.

Edit: I've never used triforce on Udyr but it seems like a decent all around item, i personally go for brutalizer and black cleaver after boots and it ramps up your burst rather quickly if you have full armor pen runes and you max tiger by level 9.

Pwnacus Maximus

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflictica View Post
oops.

Edit: I've never used triforce on Udyr but it seems like a decent all around item, i personally go for brutalizer and black cleaver after boots and it ramps up your burst rather quickly if you have full armor pen runes and you max tiger by level 9.
listen to this man. except get a starks before the black cleaver.

Nyagamun

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewn View Post
Tri force is a solid item on Udyr. The art of getting kills is hard, you have to time your Tiger stance properly for that burst, but otherwise he isn't really good at getting killing blows, just training people or cleaning up fights.

I used to run standard tri force build, but have followed others footsteps in running an Innervating Locket. With his spam of abilities, the group potential is ridiciulous. Max Pheonix and Turtle, you can just stay in fights and be an amazing asset.

tri force and sheen don't quite work for tiger udyr, as it increases his damage by that 120% of his base, splits it into 1/3 of the damage and then only applies to the first hit

GRANTED, triforce will still proc properly in bear and turtle, but typically it just ends up reducing your kill potential early game

I believe madred's does this too, but haven't fully tested it yet (almost positive razor act's like this, but not sure on bloodrazor)

Cyst

06-26-2010

get blood razor... seriously boots than sunfire than build triforce

it shouldn't be first item but it is a nice late game item.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Don't go DPS Udyr.. Locket -> Tabi/Merc -> Aegis -> Sheen -> W/e

Sturmhard

06-27-2010

Another rather good item build is:

Banshees - Ninjas/Mercurys - Frozen mallet - Starks or Atmas

Gives you >3000 life in the end. And i do not see the point anymore in investing the money in locket since the nerf to 4 seconds and no more minion healing. Trinity is simply too expensive.

Twigg

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyagamun View Post
tri force and sheen don't quite work for tiger udyr, as it increases his damage by that 120% of his base, splits it into 1/3 of the damage and then only applies to the first hit
My eyes have been opened... Time to change my Udyr build.

Kilolas

06-27-2010

Locket Udyr is what you should be doing.