Tanks Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeZeQ

06-26-2010

Alright, so i prefer to play tanks in games since i love leading and taking not too much of damage and regaining fast. and i was playing abit with my masteries section and i cant get any idea of a prefect masteries tree line to make.

what do i prefer?

exp,hp,regen,armor etc.

if anyone could suggest a good mastery build preferably with a pic it would be excellent!

thanks!

P.S: i like playing shen,malphite,mundo,chogath,alistar.

wildfire393

06-26-2010

Generally, in order to be as good of a tank as possible, you want to take 21 in the defensive tree:

3 Hardiness (6 Armor)
3 Resistance (6 MR)
3 Strength of Spirit (.3% of your Mana as HP regen per second, assuming you are a mana-using champ)
4 Evasion (2% Dodge)
1 Nimbleness (10% movespeed upon dodging an attack)
4 Scars of the Veteran (60 HP)
1 Tenacity (4% Damage Reduction)
2 Your choice (Cleanse/Fortify/Heal mastery, Ardor, Defense Mastery, or Harden Skin. None of these are great, of them Ardor is probably the best)

The other 9 points can go either into Offense or Utility, depending on your preferences and champion:

Offense:
3 Critical Strike Mastery (I forget the name, but 2% crit chance)
1 Your choice (Smite/Exhaust Mastery or AP/level)
4 Sorcery (3% Cooldown Reduction)
1 Archaic Knowledge (15% Magic Penetration)

Utility:
3 +% Regeneration Mastery (Forgot the name again, but 4% increased regeneration of HP/MP)
1 Your Choice (Ghost/Teleport Mastery or Mending Hands)
4 Awareness (5% increased Experience)
1 Meditation (.33 MP/second)

The first makes your magic damage (most of your damage as a tank) hit a little harder and a little more often, and adds a natural crit chance, so there's a tiny chance your attacks can crit (where otherwise there is none)
The second makes you level a little faster and have increased mana regen, which is useful for staying in the fight and using your abilities as a tank.

BeZeQ

06-26-2010

thank yo very much! i will pay attention to that alot. if anyone else wants to give a suggestion i will really appreciate that! thanks all!

Munsa

06-26-2010

I think it depends on the type of tank you are playing. Some tanks do better with the extra beef from the defensive tree, others benefit more from the cooldown 9/0/21 build. Once you've experimented with both on the tanks you like to play it comes down to matter of personal affinity and playstyle.