Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Screen During Game Loading

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epikarus

11-10-2011

Okay. I've been playing LoL on this computer since the start and I've never had any problems until now. My graphics card is fine, other games load well.
I haven't played LoL in maybe 3 days and today I patch up and join a normal game. After champion select the screen is black and blank. Game doesn't seem to load. I DONT get a out of range error (I've looked for the Game.cfg file as suggested by some other thread, but its not in the path mentioned in the fix)

Other symptoms I've noticed:
1) I always had my username saved to the game, but today it was gone and I had to type it in during login. (not a problem, just thought it was unusual, It works now, but for some reason it forgot my username)
2) All my masteries were gone. ( I dunno if there was some reset..)

Things that I have done recently that may have affect LoL:
1) Updated my antivirus from ESET Smart Security 4 to 5 (I don't think it the firewall/antivirus because I've disabled the firewall and antivirus and the same problem occurs.)
2) Uninstalled Java 6 (I uninstalled this because I also had Java 7)

Please don't make me reinstall... @___@/
I'll add more information if I think its relevant.

Thanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tittymaster69

11-11-2011

I had the same problem and I fixed it. I would try these steps and see if it works for you.
1. Go to http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234255-out-of-range-errors-black-screens-and-game-resolution
2. Try Changing http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234286-graphics-troubleshooting

3. (This one worked for me) Uninstall League of Legends and reinstall it to a new directory. When you reinstall, do a custom installation instead of express and select another folder than the one that is already there.