Summoner's Rift has unfair camera angles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakonn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

The team on bottom has a much greater visibility on what's ahead of them (moveing towards the top team), than the team on top does. For the team on top the HUD is in the way of what's ahead of them (moveing towards the bottom team). There is much more area to see on the upper side of the screen vs. the bottom, do to the map, gear, champ info and abilitys that take up a large portion on the lower side of the screen. This gives the bottom team an advantage because they don't have to get as close to the top team to see them/attack with long range ablities.

Dear Riot,
Please make the camera angles changeable on this map. If there already is a way please make an in-game tip at start for the top team (such as the ones in dominion).

Tritotamar

11-10-2011

It's a very minor problem for most people

I personally don't notice it at all

The people who are affected most are people who play with locked camera

copeman

11-10-2011

if your camera isnt locked and on free move then this shouldnt be a prob. BTW riot will do nothing to help this, this post is pointless

McCormick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

you can also just make your hud smaller and remove the wall on it, problem solved

iTedRo

11-10-2011

SIMPLE FIX: Make an option to flip your HUD

Teslacrashed

11-10-2011

They had a "flip hud" option in beta, the problem then is when someone announces "bot or top lane" it becoems unclear if you both are using the same bottom or top.

It was a disaster.

Also, Riot moniters win/loss ratio of Top/Bottom teams, and found that Bottom was only winning like 0.01% more games than Top. And after they made that post, they made adjustments to the map to help Top more.

It's really a non-issue anymore.

Unlimited Ltd

11-10-2011

Unlock the camera bro.

Fffogolin

11-10-2011

Oh, apparently calling champions OP isn't enough anymore... now people are blaming their losses on the map?

Too Much Groove

11-10-2011

I hated playing purple when i was first learning the game. I would gladly remember to call my true lane if there was an option to simply flip the display to give me the option to always be playing from either blue or purple POV; but hey, thats just me. I havent played with a locked screen since the first month or so that I played and its no issue anymore but for a little while there i was pretty frustrated. It's just nice to have options, ya know?

iTedRo

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslacrashed View Post
They had a "flip hud" option in beta, the problem then is when someone announces "bot or top lane" it becoems unclear if you both are using the same bottom or top.

It was a disaster.

Also, Riot moniters win/loss ratio of Top/Bottom teams, and found that Bottom was only winning like 0.01% more games than Top. And after they made that post, they made adjustments to the map to help Top more.

It's really a non-issue anymore.
I don't know if you're talking about the hud...
Top lane would still be 'UP', and bot lane would be 'down'