Mute or ignore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MsBabybeast

11-09-2011

I would like to know how to mute or ignore people in a game, because I think it would be useful if people start being rude. I tried /mute and /ignore before but they did not work. Is it because I can't use those commands in chat? Or do I need to type something else?

Burbinator

11-09-2011

? you need to type the player names too, otherwise how does it know who you want to mute?. Very simple.

/ignore playername

/mute playername

ignore is forever, mute is just for game duration

you can also do

/ignore all

/ignore allies

/ignore enemies

Leib Olmai

11-09-2011

Actually /ignore works.
Also if you press tab you have like a little rectangle by their name where you can mute them.

Be aware that ignoring someone will prevent you to see what they are typing, and their ping. It will add them to your ignore list, and if it's full you won't be able to ignore anyone. Note that you still might get queued with them.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-09-2011

If there's a limit to your ignore list... it's quite large. (I probably have ~150 on mine.)

Leib Olmai

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
If there's a limit to your ignore list... it's quite large. (I probably have ~150 on mine.)
I think I've reach mine at ~200.
I had to delete some people to actually ignore more.

vulpusrex

11-09-2011

and for those who like a low tech solution, my wife just puts a cut peice of sticky note over the chat box so she cant see it.