Rewind and slow motion in Spectate?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JokerSmilez

11-09-2011

Maybe this has been suggested before but I think it would be awesome if there was a "Rewind" button in Spectate.

Maybe like a 15-30 second rewind button that jumps back so you can see a kill you missed or something.

A slow motion button would be cool too, so you could rewind and then watch a juke, a team fight, whatever in slow motion, like a replay.

This would be an AWESOME feature for commentating because the two biggest problems with commentating is that a) commentators often miss action and b) commentators don't have a chance to talk about why something happened or explain how it happened.

The ability to go back and rewatch something after it's happened in real time revolutionized televised sports and would be an awesome feature for spectate.

boourns

UI Designer

11-15-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Totally agree! You can do this in replays and I've heard some rumors that we'd like to do this for spectator mode. It is somewhat more complicated, but people are looking into it.

Amazon Warrior

11-15-2011

one plus to this

LiegeWaffles

11-15-2011

AFAIK spectator data is sent in 30 second chunks, so I guess that would be jumping back to the start of such a chunk?

Slow motion is possible by recording the spectator game in LoLReplay and playing back the replay.
(though using the replay's "seek forward" bar on spectator replays at the moment makes the LoL client a bit unstable...)