Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teemo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoyoTimes5

11-09-2011

I think teemo top is absolutely amazing, so long as they take an ad/melee champ. If they take a rumble or a kennen, teemo is in trouble.

People seem to really underestimate teemo, but he provides tons of map control mid game and has pretty reasonable damage output and tankiness with the typical Wits end/frozen/Madreds build in the late game. He's outclassed by champs that provide hard cc unless their team is melee/ad focused (trynd, yi, olaf, gp), in which case I think hes really strong.

Micro Zets

11-09-2011

solo top feed emo

seem legit

aBeeBa

11-09-2011

I can see your point about how these champs offer a great array of utility but Teemo does aswell.

Nasus needs too farm his (Q) throughout early-mid game, to farm it, he needs to be within melee range. Teemo is great at harrasing any melee and could deny farm from Nasus. Without farming Nasus framing his Q, he is usless late game and is only their to soak up dmg and apply slow/Armour reduction, so in theory he can't solo an entire team.

Tryn heavily relies on his endless rage and his ability to get in your face and crit you to death. Teemo can shut Tryn down by applying the blind at the most critical times, also his passive from his E is basically like and ignite. (also I take exhaust which would reduce most of tryn's dmg.)

Akali is a bit iffy, I don't know any direct counters. I guess she is a hard counter to Teemo but would have a hard time in lane.

Teemo is also a great Tanky DPS buster, with the build i use, wriggles, malady, blood razors, frozen mallet, most tanks/tanky dps will melt to Teemo (i.e cho, udyr, garen, singed, ect.)

Azuredragon653

11-09-2011

Teemo should be left in the champion select.

If one is unable to do that, he should go top. He's actually pretty good at countering many tops, especially ones who are more late-game-oriented.

Everfaust

11-09-2011

Quote:
aBeeBa:
I can see your point about how these champs offer a great array of utility but Teemo does aswell.

Nasus needs too farm his (Q) throughout early-mid game, to farm it, he needs to be within melee range. Teemo is great at harrasing any melee and could deny farm from Nasus. Without farming Nasus framing his Q, he is usless late game and is only their to soak up dmg and apply slow/Armour reduction, so in theory he can't solo an entire team.

Tryn heavily relies on his endless rage and his ability to get in your face and crit you to death. Teemo can shut Tryn down by applying the blind at the most critical times, also his passive from his E is basically like and ignite. (also I take exhaust which would reduce most of tryn's dmg.)

Akali is a bit iffy, I don't know any direct counters. I guess she is a hard counter to Teemo but would have a hard time in lane.

Teemo is also a great Tanky DPS buster, with the build i use, wriggles, malady, blood razors, frozen mallet, most tanks/tanky dps will melt to Teemo (i.e cho, udyr, garen, singed, ect.)

actually, we're talking bout which champs would be "better then teemo" ~ not which ones
he can/can't beat in lane.

If you were going off that, then I would just send Yorick top and watch him free farm teemo every time he re-spawns... or send cait/kog to simply out range him *Teemo
can't run fast if your passive keeps getting knocked off.

as for your build, I NEVER bother on MBR ~ it's a waste, even with OnHitTeemo.

ninjaipod

11-09-2011

Quote:
aBeeBa:

any ranged with the same build will do it better esp. when you compare auto-attack range + escape mechanism + cc... hell i'm pretty sure that even kog would be 200% better using the same build...

people just build teemo like a bruiser (tanky dps) because there's no other good/viable option.

Quote:
The Rain Man:
Teemo needs to have defensive masteries as his range is retardedly small and requires him to be able to take alot of damage in a teamfight as for alot of the time you will have to be out of position to hit people.

Quote:
The Rain Man:
Basically the only way I see fit to play Teemo in his current state is tanky dps, played much like any melee champion

source> http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=658

aBeeBa

11-09-2011

Quote:
Everfaust:
actually, we're talking bout which champs would be "better then teemo" ~ not which ones
he can/can't beat in lane.

If you were going off that, then I would just send Yorick top and watch him free farm teemo every time he re-spawns... or send cait/kog to simply out range him *Teemo
can't run fast if your passive keeps getting knocked off.

as for your build, I NEVER bother on MBR ~ it's a waste, even with OnHitTeemo.

Well I was just countering the claims of the post of other people. YES, Yorick, kog and cait can all counter Teemo but that still doesn't really give a clear answer on why i should pick a typical "tier 1" top lanner over Teemo.

ChaosWookie

11-09-2011

Quote:
aBeeBa:
Well I was just countering the claims of the post of other people. YES, Yorick, kog and cait can all counter Teemo but that still doesn't really give a clear answer on why i should pick a typical "tier 1" top lanner over Teemo.

it does actually ~ you pick champs that have a strong mid-late game.
IF you pick teemo solo top, you can get counter picked very easy by them just sending
a strong early laner top.. now you lost your "advantage" against the standard melee type.

basically saying that teemo just isn't "as good".
send someone who HAS a mid-late game presence.. someone that can
teleport into that dragon fight from top AND actually be a threat to the other team.

Honestly, everytime I see a Teemo "top" I select Morgana.
push you to your tower with my pool (good luck last hitting under it) and and laugh as I black sheild mid-late game
walking through all your shrooms *(taking ZERO dmg).

gold boi

11-09-2011

**** yeah. teemo top. naysayers are bad.

aBeeBa

11-09-2011

Quote:
ninjaipod:
any ranged with the same build will do it better esp. when you compare auto-attack range + escape mechanism + cc... hell i'm pretty sure that even kog would be 200% better using the same build...

people just build teemo like a bruiser (tanky dps) because there's no other good/viable option.

source> http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=658

The only thing here is that I'm not trying to play him as an AD carry but rather a Tanky DPS who can shut down people who rush the carry, so basically an Anti-TANKY DPS