Teemo Top

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aBeeBa

Senior Member

11-09-2011

Why is my new favorite yordle so hated when I try to play him solo top? According to the recent matches I've played (ranked), the general response of the average player says that he is not a "tier 1" solo top. However Teemo out classes most to all solo tops. He has free wards for days, can deny any solo top and gets the occasional kills. So Teemo Top haters can you tell me why I shouldn't play him up top to get out of elo hell because as of right now it seems our top lane and jungle is what makes or breaks our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGESTARVED View Post
Cho with his arsenal of CC, Nasus with his ability to solo your entire team, or Udyr just being a strong champion all-around.
Nasus needs too farm his (Q) throughout early-mid game, to farm it, he needs to be within melee range. Teemo is great at harrasing any melee and could deny farm from Nasus. Without farming Nasus framing his Q, he is usless late game and is only their to soak up dmg and apply slow/Armour reduction, so in theory he can't solo an entire team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWookie View Post
Nasus *(Q)
Tryn *(New Cleanse + Endless crits..)
Akali *(flies past your tanks to kill the carries in the back + loving the flash nerf)

Honestly, it's fun playing teemo top.. but there are just way to many champs better suited for the role.
Tryn heavily relies on his endless rage and his ability to get in your face and crit you to death. Teemo can shut Tryn down by applying the blind at the most critical times, also his passive from his E is basically like and ignite. (also I take exhaust which would reduce most of tryn's dmg.)

Akali is a bit iffy, I don't know any direct counters. I guess she is a hard counter to Teemo but would have a hard time in lane.

Teemo is also a great Tanky DPS buster, with the build i use, wriggles, malady, blood razors, frozen mallet, most tanks/tanky dps will melt to Teemo (i.e cho, udyr, garen, singed, nasus ect.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWookie View Post
it does actually ~ you pick champs that have a strong mid-late game.
IF you pick teemo solo top, you can get counter picked very easy by them just sending
a strong early laner top.. now you lost your "advantage" against the standard melee type.

basically saying that teemo just isn't "as good".
send someone who HAS a mid-late game presence.. someone that can
teleport into that dragon fight from top AND actually be a threat to the other team.

Honestly, everytime I see a Teemo "top" I select Morgana.
push you to your tower with my pool (good luck last hitting under it) and and laugh as I black sheild mid-late game
walking through all your shrooms *(taking ZERO dmg).
I absolutely agree with your statement, but not all the time I'm team captain or having the first 3 picks so Teemo might not be the 1st pick and he might be the last. THIS CAN BE SAID ABOUT ANY CHAMPION, EVERY CHAMPION HAS HIS OR HER COUNTERS AND CAN BE COUNTER PICKED AND OUTPLAYED.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaXFactor View Post
Nasus doesnt really care if you harass him, he has enough lifesteal by the time you start doing good dmg, he just gets it all back.
But what kind of player in ranked would AA the whole entire time on creeps? Those type's of players are just asking to get ganked. Nasus is easily denied, when he comes up to Q a creep, a typical teemo can get any where between 2-5 shots off taking any where between 5%-25% of the total health of Nasus

ALSO THIS (LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenEX View Post
Except you can't lifesteal while blinded. Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiancrr View Post
Reason why you dont pick teemo top. Because other champs could do any job he does better, and puts more use to the levels/farm you gain from a solo lane. Which is the point to solo top. Teemo is good, every champ in their own way is good. Most of the time when you outlane people with teemo its not that your good so much as their bad(or dont know how to play against a teemo) lol. It really doesnt matter to much if you win you solo lane(which teemo usually does) its what you do afterwards and what you gain from it. Other champions just come out of laning so much stronger then teemo does.

As for the "teemo outlanes nasus" it really depends on how good your nasus is, but a decent nasus should not be able to get bullied by a teemo. Play passive first couple of levels then just start stomping teemo. after boots and 1~2 items teemo is nothing to nasus.
Also for the person who said nasus cant lifesteal because of the blind, both his ulti and his aoe hit are both magic and lifesteal even while blinded.

I like how this is getting way more complicated and out of its way than I expected. And towards your point, as of right now I'm only playing solo que ranked, and for most solo que games, to win, you must win your lane. After coming out lane and in to mid-late, Teemo brings along, semi-tanky-ness with the ability to do a number on Tanks and Tanky dps while having the ability to ward the jungle, baron and dragon.

And yes Teemo out lanes Nasus, if Nasus plays to passively than is Q doesn't get farmed. If he plays more aggressively he is just going to get poked to death.


Thanks, tu madre
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu madre View Post
To add onto aBeeBa's comment.

1.Teemo wins his lane (given)
2. Teemo disables the enemy AD carry for 2.5 seconds every 7.5 seconds as long as he is alive.
3. Teemo presents an omnipresent DPS threat as long as he isn't dealt with.
4. A properly built/played Teemo is very difficult to take down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaXaSA View Post
who said anything about beat teemo?

if i know that teemo is solo top i won't send a melee champion that is weak early game.

and i can say the same for any other ranged champion, if for some reason Cait is top you wont send singed to lane against her.

Yeah why would you, but people still do. In lower elo, lots of the newer level 30's have no idea how to counter pick and always expect the typical top lane champion. And what type of solo que elo hell team would have the organizational skills to arrange a different champ just to counter Teemo? The WON'T because they believe Teemo is squishy and can be shut down by anyone with a dash and a little CC

Haha, I just realized what I typed. (-10 to observations)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divne View Post
lol..."Thanks, tu madre"

"tu madre" is an insult where i live. i loled HARD.

and yes I also main solo top teemo (YES i have 3 teemos skins and i dont regret it!) and i know how good he is in lane. So far the only champs i have problem with are bursty ones that can poke alot of your hp at once( jax for example) until i get wriggles and **** their life.

also akali is pretty much non existant to me as teemo...i just keep poking normally. when she wants to harass qith q and proc it i blind so she cant proc it and thus wasting ALOT of time failing autoattacks.

Someone said teemo cant farm under a tower...what a joke teemo's e gives a very good aa steroid that allows him to eaily farm under a tower...i rarely miss under a tower PLUS you are safer there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aBeeBa

Senior Member

11-09-2011

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Adder

Senior Member

11-09-2011

I absolutely hate facing teemo top. I'm personally very happy he isn't tier 1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aBeeBa

Senior Member

11-09-2011

Same here, i hate facing him and I love playing as him top, so why isn't he considered top tier?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjaipod

Senior Member

11-09-2011

because most of the solo top champions will be actually far more usefull than teemo mid-late game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aBeeBa

Senior Member

11-09-2011

Thumbs down and no response?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aBeeBa

Senior Member

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaipod View Post
because most of the solo top champions will be actually far more usefull than teemo mid-late game?
care to name an instance?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RAGESTARVED

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBeeBa View Post
care to name an instance?
Cho with his arsenal of CC, Nasus with his ability to solo your entire team, or Udyr just being a strong champion all-around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosWookie

Senior Member

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBeeBa View Post
care to name an instance?
Nasus *(Q)
Tryn *(New Cleanse + Endless crits..)
Akali *(flies past your tanks to kill the carries in the back + loving the flash nerf)

Honestly, it's fun playing teemo top.. but there are just way to many champs better suited for the role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crocodilly

Member

11-09-2011

if someone ask you 'hay guys i can pick teemo or lee sin solo top, who should i pick?'

let me know when riot buff teemo and give him a role.


12345 ... 6