Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Most Useful Feedback For Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oRi0ns bLaD3

11-09-2011

Easiest 3v3 situation to fix:

Introduce Normal Draft mode. This allows you to try out new champs/compositions in 3v3 without risking your ranking. Following your formula:

In testing new team compositions, I would like to play normal games, but cannot because there's no draft mode so you face tryndamere + singed + morgana (or substitute lee sin/akali in there somewhere) every game.

Honestly, there are a lot of champs that are exceedingly strong in 3v3. Maybe introduce more bans?

Narcindin

11-09-2011

Also I didn't see anybody mention this, but Mundo is bad on TT currently. His early game is too poor that he can't farm. Maybe he would be viable if his abilities didn't cost health and you brought some of the stronger melee champs in line, maybe.

Kevinblaze

Recruiter

11-09-2011

Teams would want to pick more than one of a handful of junglers in order to counter picks made by enemy team but can't due to random jungle spawns and nothing to sustain mana based junglers leaving much fewer viable picks for that role.

I'd like to contest 2nd dragon spawn if the enemy team snagged the first one but cant because they now have a level up and wriggles vs my regular madreds [or madreds vs my no madreds] so a 3v3 engagement is more than likely to leave them with kill[s] + the 2nd dragon.

I'd like to finish the game when my team has a 5k gold advantage but i cant because of fountain kiting/turtling and base tower/turtling, 5-10 min later my team has cleared the whole jungle multiple times to get massive level/gold advantage, however I'd like to believe there is a more elegant solution than taking over the map and farming it for 5-10 minutes.

oRi0ns bLaD3

11-09-2011

If my team is losing and our first 1-2 turrets are down I'd like to be able to DO something, but I cannot because the enemy team immediately gains TOTAL map control and there aren't enough enemy minions pushing my base to actually farm for any significant amount of time.

Instead, I'm forced into a boring turtle/standing around situation for 30 minutes until both teams have complete item builds, at which point the next team to ace wins the game.

Ohhgrr

11-09-2011

Nice to see some 3v3 attention

As a long time 3v3 player there are 3 main concerns I have with the state of 3v3's at the moment that I think are consistently a factor.

Jungle buffs
Jungle and buff control is a big part of the game and I love it (especially as a jungler myself), but I think buffs could be looked at as an answer to deal with some of the "zomg trynd op in normals" type of issues as well as well as some meta issues. I could go on a very lengthy post about the cause and effect of these buffs but i'll try to keep it to two main reasons:

The buffs up top give bruiser characters an insane advantage over mages and other characters early on. (This gives characters like tryndamere and jax an even playing field when they are traditionally weaker early on.)

Changing buffs could expand character selection; there are some characters that are just straight up not viable on TT because they lack the mana sustain to keep up with the longer and earlier duration of TT fighting. Some form of blue buff type for the mages would greatly improve character selection (e.g. Anivia on TT sucks simply because of mana issues, when she could be an awesome character with walls and such.) There are also only like 4 viable junglers on the map for this reason.

Turtling
I think the reasons for this are pretty apparent already
Maybe make the fountain laser turn off when an inhib is down and all 3 enemies are in your base?

Draft bans
I actually quite enjoy the character selection process for 3s, and I think there are far more viable champions for TT than people really think. Expanding the ban list to 3 per team opens up way more options and a much bigger window to remove the "problems" with TT balance.

plasmatorture

Recruiter

11-09-2011

When I pick Mundo, I'd like to do well with him but I can't because all his core items were nerfed and so was he, plus people are smart enough to take Ignite and/or buy Executioner's Calling now, so he's completely unviable even on the map he used to dominate.

When I push into the enemy base, I'd like to feel like I can systematically remove their defenses until all that remains is the enemy champions and nexus, but there's an invincible turret that does ridiculous damage that just about covers the nexus with its range.

suddenZenith

11-09-2011

When I am behind, I would like to farm, but I can't, cause they will catch me and eat me alive.

When I am coming back, I would like to push, but I can't, cause the enemies can backdoor my nexus super easily.

psymunn

11-09-2011

When I get a bunch of gold/have low health/see an over extended player, I'd like to leave my lane, but I can't because Baron von Nashor can be solo'd at level 5 and our team is suddenly behind 840 gold, and a damage buff.

srsizzy

11-09-2011

When I want to play Twisted Treeline, I would like to have fun, but I cannot because it is (accidentally) a poorly constructed map that should be remade with a different layout.

A Hoser Eh

11-09-2011

Dragon is way to easy to kill for the reward. Especially when it gets to a point where just one team is capitalizing off of him. I mean any team once they reach lvl 5 or 6 almost if they have a good damage output and a beefy if they get out of a team fight with just enough health to get dragon they can almost take control of it depending on how the early game has gone. by about 5 min into game you can almost tell how the game will end up.