Attack speed on olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kayberg

11-07-2011

I just recently starting playing olaf. He is pretty darn fun but I'm not sure if he should be built with any attack speed.

I currently build him wriggles > merc treads/tabi > warmogs > atmas > then just kinda dependent on the game. Sometimes aegis if team needs, maybe a bloodthirster, ga sometimes, fon sometimes.

Is it ideal to build him with any attack speed?

UbberTengen

11-07-2011

ga? why?
no hp, nor damage

Olaf needs Hp - arpen.... then dmg - attack speed... then life steal - armor/mgres

Build Olaf tanky, sand b y TANKY i mean a mother****er who can run into the teamfight, take TONS of damage and still killl 2 or 3.

The only attack speed items that i can get for olaf are:
stark favor: lifesteal, as,aura.
OR
yoummu ghostblade: arpen, as, active foe more movement speed.
Just one as(attackspeed) item, but not alwas, sometimes my team need me to be more tanky and i dont build as items at all.

NO PD, no need for crit.
Hope i helped u.

kayberg

11-07-2011

Now that I think about it GA isn't really needed that much I guess. What about a black cleaver or wits end?

zomgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

I'd replace that warmog with a frozen mallet. Slow is awesome

kayberg

11-07-2011

Frozen Mallet is a pretty good item, but I wouldnt think it would be all that necessary as long as I can land my Q and consistently pick up the axe after it has been thrown :\

Senamoru

11-07-2011

I like to view Frozen Mallet on Olaf as more of a situational item. If your team is heavy on the cc end already there really is no need for it. It would probably be more beneficial to the team to rush atmogs. But if your team is lacking cc go for it.

kayberg

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senamoru View Post
I like to view Frozen Mallet on Olaf as more of a situational item. If your team is heavy on the cc end already there really is no need for it. It would probably be more beneficial to the team to rush atmogs. But if your team is lacking cc go for it.
makes sense to me. thanks for the input

Skilltestingman

11-07-2011

you needa focus on hp first with a lot of tankiness, your attacspeed will come from your lost HP.

Although, olaf build full ad would be pretty fricken strong

P0tat0salad

11-08-2011

Olaf is a cool champion because he can be built almost completely tanky and still get tons of damage off of his passive and vicious strikes move. There's no real need to build attack speed when he benefits much more from straight attack damage, or even better just straight hp.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

When I play olaf I use 9 attack /21 defense masteries.

Full attack speed runes across the board.

I usually rush bezerker boots and 1 more attack speed item then try to build as much HP on him as I can after all that.

A little boost in attack speed makes him attack VERY fast when hes low on HP. And GA isnt that bad on olaf especially if you plan on booming towers and winning teamfights at low health.