Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Exp runes, do they really work?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smirfette

06-25-2010

So I was curious about getting the experience runes, so I bought 2 of them which give an extra 4% boost , and I am also using the mastery exp buff, which gives another 5.0%. Now that is 9% exp boost, but yet I lvl with everyone else. I see them as a waste of IP and have not seen any benifit from them. Do they actually work?! And if so why do I lvl just as everyone else. I asked lane partners how much exp they get per kill, and they are getting exactly as I am.

Guinsoo

Recruiter

06-25-2010

They do work, they just don't update the floating text numbers you see.

It's on the backlog to fix.

MASE STUN

Recruiter

06-25-2010

in my experience, the exp runes and talents only truly shine if you have a jungler and need to meet some xp breakpoint, or if you have a zilean on your team

Smirfette

06-25-2010

Quote:
Guinsoo:

Wow I love how fast riot is to answer questions on forums!! makes me wanna spend more money on this game haha!! thank you very much

HolyChalice

06-25-2010

maybe in the character menu it could have your base stat + item stat + rune stat = main stat

Stexe

Recruiter

06-26-2010

Quote:
Guinsoo:

You've commented on that a long time ago, back when you changed the way XP was awarded...

Right now XP runes (and to a lesser extent Masteries) are not that useful. They are good if you plan to never die, but if you're a few levels above the enemy and they kill you they will get a HUGE XP bonus. At least comparatively from what it was a while ago.