Good Mid Champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceilver

11-08-2011

Wondering what makes a good champ for taking the mid lane, so far it just seems like any carry or mage takes mid and I don't really see why. I like mid and I want to get better at mid with champs that excel better than other champs at mid. So like the title what are some good mid champs?

Tubutas

11-08-2011

Leblanc, be prepared to become useless at level 15 though.

TexasPwnsAll

11-08-2011

Caitlyn is great at mid. So is Vlad, Heimer, Kass, and Trist.

Zyean

11-08-2011

Kass, morgana, sion, leblanc can usually shut down the mid, as that's her job is to shut people down early + mid game, even a little bit into late game, but from then on you better hope your real carry is farmed off of assists or CS

Malmegil

11-08-2011

Range, ability to harrass over/through minions, and ability to farm minions fast

Petkittyordie

11-08-2011

xerath, brand, sion, cass, morgana, kassadin and zilean seem to be the ap mid picks of late. I might have left some one out but those are the ap mids i would put into tier 1.

SnQrls

11-08-2011

no, xerath ain't the best, low ap ratio, so bad dps late game in comparison to other carries (he's also easy to predict). Sion shuts mid-close range down easily, and kass if the other team has a lot of ap.

Karthus is someone you want to get farmed/fead though, he limits an enemy's survivabillity in any engagement (by late game you can cut a carry's health by a third if they dont have mr). Anivia is another (my personal favorite), she has a good 1:1 ap ratio and can nuke around 2000 health late game, with <5 second cooldown and mass, low damage, aoe. She also has good utillity.

Cait has pretty good range, is a good ad carry and controls space in mid very well. Ashe is a good farmer no matter what though, she certainly has the utillity and is very hard to zone early game but she lacks the pure dps that other ad carries get. I'd chose her champ if the enemy team has tryndamere, yi, udyr or other melee champs (she's pretty op against skarner).

Uhm brand I do not know well enough, and veigar obs since his q gives him bonus ap. He also gets a good ratio and can zone out enemy champions easily enough (his stun). Lux is good at harrasment, mord is good at zoning I think though I personally have never had a problem with him. Shen is good at harrasing because of health regen and his abillity to tank damage. He has good survivabillity so he can trade shots, and while losing more health come out the winner. Depends on who he's midding against of course and whether or not they can avoid, outlast, or longdistance farm.

A good Leblanc is profound against any mage mid.

To your question over what makes a good mid-champ, it's the abillity to either outfarm or outzone the enemy carry. Sometimes your team might have only one tank, so it's a good idea for him to go mid. This is because of the bad comp. and your team's natural abillity to dominate if they have a good shield protecting them. I'm thinking of chogath when i'm saying this of course, and it is situation dependent. For example you don't want a rammus in mid against teemo.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Mid belongs to Tristana, for real. The only champ that can out mid her is Leblanc, but only if they really know what they're doing. However, since she's the only reliable counter to Trist and a heavier character or someone with sustain, like Fiddlesticks (otherwise known as Middlesticks), could stay in lane and outfarm her, I'd stick with Trist as the best overall.

SnQrls

11-08-2011

serious? leblanc the only champ that can lane against her?? And graves, and vayne, and annie, and brand, anivia, cait???

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Not saying others can't hold their own, but my friend mains Trist and owns everyone he mids against, with the exception of Leblanc. Graves is tanky enough that he generally has to make a mistake to die, but the others you mentioned don't have the range or health to remain competitive for long.