I can't play LoL until my computer stops crashing../cry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThreePyramids

06-25-2010

Got a new computer, and a few days ago the screen would just go black and a notice would come up saying "Monitor is going to Sleep". All the lights on my computer, monitor, and keyboard were still on, but no matter what I tried, the screen would just not go back to showing my desktop. So I restarted the computer, only to have it keep crashing several times over the next hour, and then it would just stop. Now every day, it just randomly turns off, shows that black screen, with that notice, and I have to restart my computer.

Has anyone had a problem like this and want to give some help?

PS: Dont get a computer from ecollegepc.com.

Eagle1

06-25-2010

"So I restarted the computer, only to have it keep crashing several times over the next hour, and then it would just stop"

You are going to have to explain this better. Is it the same thing every time? Meaning does the monitor always go black? Or is the computer crashing and you are seeing it freeze/restart?

ThreePyramids

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
"So I restarted the computer, only to have it keep crashing several times over the next hour, and then it would just stop"

You are going to have to explain this better. Is it the same thing every time? Meaning does the monitor always go black? Or is the computer crashing and you are seeing it freeze/restart?
Oh, sorry. Yes, every day, over a span of an hour usually (I dont know when the "hour" will start), my computers screen will turn black, and the notice "Your monitor is going to Sleep" will come up. I have to restart the computer to get it to work again, only to have it crash again like 15 minutes later. This cycle goes on for about an hour usually.

Just today though it has crashed twice. Once an hour ago, and once again like 30 minutes ago. So basically I'm sitting here just waiting to see when it will stop crashing so I can go play games again.

I email ecollegepc, and all they say is (Let me go get the quote):"That is strange. Did you use the PC all day today and it worked?". They keep saying "That is strange." on all of their emails. They won't offer any kind of real advice. Ive emailed them for the past two days, and these are the kind of stupid responses I'm getting.

HeyJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

you using window 7 or what?? go to power option and turn off sleep mode and screensavers

ThreePyramids

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Dosage View Post
you using window 7 or what?? go to power option and turn off sleep mode and screensavers
Yeah I have windows 7 and I have tried that. Still crashed on me. Thanks for the advice though.

HeyJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Eagle1

06-25-2010

is there anything consistent that you are doing when it happens?

ThreePyramids

06-25-2010

My desktop and WoW's resolution are both the same, and it still crashes.(I will only play WoW when my computer starts to do this, I dont want any more leaves on LoL) Thanks for that thread though Deadly.

The only thing consistent is I'm playing a game when it crashes. TF2 and WoW. I won't play LoL around 3-5 P.M. since that is when my computer usually crashes.

Eagle1

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Dosage View Post
I don't think this apply's here. In less he is crashing right when he gets into the game, which would be caused by his monitor going out of range from the resolution being to high.

ThreePyramids

06-25-2010

Do you think a defective unti inside my computer could be causing this? It just pisses me off when these guys have a 100% ebay rating, and I'm that .00001% that gets a bad computer.