Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best jungle ganks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourinnate

11-08-2011

I was wondering who in your opinion has the best ganks from the jungle, both pre level 6, and post.

Also, out of those people, who remains relevant late game?

TwistWrist

11-08-2011

Lee Sin ganks are pretty strong if you can hit your skillshots.

Shaco is amazingly annoying early game. Falls off late game though.

Fiddlesticks with an hourglass can gank a whole team.

Frylock

11-08-2011

Most champs have stronk red buff ganks pre-six, nunu's iceball is good, trundle pilars, blitzcrank pull and pop, alistar knock and pop, udyr's stun is good, Jarmans drop and pop combo is good, nocturnes fear is good. gps gun with passive is good. master yi needs red to gank, i guess good post six ganks are nunu, ww, noct, gp, fiddle sticks, skarner, jarman with their ultimate abilities.

TwistWrist

11-08-2011

Wait...Blitz is a viable jungler? The hell...why am I still laning with him...

Eh...seems like he's in danger of getting counter-jungled pretty badly. Guess I should play around with it though.

Yourinnate

11-08-2011

Where does Olaf stand?

Frylock

11-08-2011

Blitz is very slow and relys heavily on ganks to keep up, but he has a strong gank with pull and red. Slow junglers are easy to counter jungle, if you've ever lost level 1 blue and were ganked during your 820 blue as fiddle sticks you know how bad it can be.

I never liked Olaf or Tryn as junglers because there are just so many better ones to choose from. Their cc isn't as good as say a fiddle or rammus, they're not exceptionally tanky. The only thing they have going for them is sustain, but nunu/fiddle/ww are all better at sustaining and once you get a wriggles lantern you can basically heal on minions all day.

future42

11-08-2011

Quote:
Yourinnate:
Where does Olaf stand?

Olaf is a good jungler but his ganks are hard to get good at and his axe slow is his only slow type thing, unless you get a Frozen Mallet.

So for Olaf ganks you need to land the axe, then presumably someone in lane will have another type of slow or stun to take the enemy out quickly.

Back to the main topic, Warwick has good ganks before and after 6, with his Q and R. End game he becomes pretty tanky but can still do damage because his Q does percentage damage.

TwistWrist

11-08-2011

Hmm...if jungle Blitz relies heavily on ganks to keep up, then I guess I can't try him as a solo queue.

As for Warwick, there are way better pre-level 6 gankers compared to Warwick.

Leib Olmai

11-08-2011

Shaco have the best pre-level 6 gank.
Nocturne have the best level 6 gank.

Olaf is an ok ganker. It's all about if he hits his Q which is a skillshot.
But right now, he's considered to be a little slow in the jungle.

Other really good ganked are Udyr at level 3+ and Skarner at level 6 is real strong.

Frylock

11-08-2011

Nocturne has a great pre six gank because of the movement speed boost from q, cc block and attack speed boost from w, and the fear from e it isn't even fair how good his pre six ganks are.

GP is alright at ganking pre six too with the as/ms boost from e and slow attatched to q and the cc removal from w.

Nunu has a slow and ms/as boost for pre six ganks.

Lee Sin has a gap closer and a slow for pre-six ganks

Shaco has invisibility a slow and a possible fear.

Some one like Jax relys too heavily on a random stun from his e or red buff, plus he isn't really that strong pre-six because of what his ultimate does for him.

But if you've got a pre six red buff you can pretty much gank anybody with anyone with even level/hp. except maybe fiddle sticks but his fear drain combo can do a lot of damage especially if the guy whos lane your ganking hitting him too.
When looking at pre-six ganking potential you're going to need cc and as/ms or some kind of skill shot that is basically all or nothing.