elo hell doesn't exist in the lower elo brackets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xin Zoah

11-15-2011

Logic says Elo Hell is fake and it is to some extent but for example people dont understand how the game works at higher Elo brackets. they dont notice that people above that elo know when to initiate fights and know when they can drag/baron. they will often be stuck in 1200 bracket Not because there necessarily bad but because they are playing with 1200 players constantly that dont know when to initiate fights when to take drags or barons etc all they see in the 1200 bracket is people making poor decisions so they dont have much to learn. Put them in the 1600+ Elo bracket for a week and let them learn how it works higher up and they will never drop to 1200 again. I played at the Elo hell bracket on my friends account and i dont have to carry the game to win i just have to guide my team to victory by telling them when to fight and when not to.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

11-16-2011

I am a new player but reading these ELO hell related posts reminds me of playing poker. I have played poker at many different stakes and it was funny playing at low stakes listening to people say "I cannot win with people making such stupid decisions. If only I had a shot at the bigtime I would be able to beat those guys"
As if playing against better players is easier. Less annoying perhaps but in most competitive scenes players find their own level.

Who knows though? I don't have enough experience in LOL to say for sure.

Winkyy

12-01-2011

Elo hell doesn't exist? I just had a game where our first pick was jungle udyr, the 2nd and third pick were yorick and a jungling shaco. Shaco's reasoning to jungling was that he wanted to jungle and didn't give a **** about the team. I went AP mid and the last pick was support, granted that he could only play ad carries. Udyr ending up switching summoners and going top and yorick and soraka bot gave up 10 kills in 5 mins vs a no heal lane. Elo hell does exist?

NeonStream

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkyy View Post
Elo hell doesn't exist? I just had a game where our first pick was jungle udyr, the 2nd and third pick were yorick and a jungling shaco. Shaco's reasoning to jungling was that he wanted to jungle and didn't give a **** about the team. I went AP mid and the last pick was support, granted that he could only play ad carries. Udyr ending up switching summoners and going top and yorick and soraka bot gave up 10 kills in 5 mins vs a no heal lane. Elo hell does exist?
IMO if the shaco wanted jungle he should of said something before hand. This would be a common example of lack of communication in the picking your champion lobby or even during bans so that the Udyr could choose something else or at least talk it over with the shaco and at least come to an agreement. I hate it when I ask for support duo lane with my duo partner and then get the third pick auto locking an ad carry. Its annoying i know but i gotta bite the bullet and hope hes good at least at the elo im at.

lichking2010

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeib View Post
elo hell exists in all brackets. elo hell is different for every single person, my elo hell is different than your elo hell this much is evident by watching streams or even your friends playing.

my definition of elo hell - the point where you are able to perform rather well in games but still unable to carry to win the majority of your games. the hell part comes in when you yourself are unable to find a solution to your problem which results in your elo free falling instead of increasing.

it's important to remember that everyone deals with the same issues that you do or have there are trolls are every elo, dcs at every elo etc.

my advice is to just assess your play after a game and try to find a solution that would have allowed you to win your game. basically just find out what you could have done differently some games you will not be able to do this but for the majority I've found you can, at the very least it will make you a better solo queue player. it is easiest to carry from the middle lane but from any role you can significantly carry your team at any part of the game, if you truly are a better player than people you are playing against you should crush your lane and then help your teammates who aren't having the same success. once you unable to do this you are getting closer to your true elo.

I hope what I've said helps some.
Truer words have never been spoken. You just explained my elo hell. I know that in teamfights, ideally, you want to knock out enemy ranged dps followed by ap carry. Lately, i've been trying to figure out how to do that with poppy and realize that the dps i always focus manages to escape me or is protected by their tanks/cc champs/bruisers. What saddens me the most is that i always type to my team in chat "plz focus tristana/graves/ashe and brand/kassadin/fizz/leblanc/Cassiopeia" and then when a teamfight begins, i go straight after the dps but my team is stuck fighting alistar or some other tank or tanky dps which by that time i am doing a 2 v 1 to kill their dps and i end up dying. This happens like clockwork for the last few games. I am at my wits end and just don't know how to deal with this problem or find a solution to it. lately, i get the feeling that i probably am not initiating correctly but even when there are times that i do good intiates , everyone is in it for killing the champ that is being focused by the entire team and in doing so waste all the cc on one champ instead of on a team of 3 or 4 champs. I NEED GUIDANCEEE!!!!! Someone tell me wtf im doing wrong. I play poppy, alistar, garen, rammus

Fluffyknowsyou

12-05-2011

Elo hell merely exists because people at the lower elos(I am still there) often have connection problems, bad picks, and no sense of teamwork. Often times I can tell when a team is good and when it is not. Some telltale signs of a decent team are:

What roles are we taking?
Who is mid and jungle?
Insert question trying to fill the basic roles so Chogath is not at bot and fiddle doesn't mid lane,and fizz is not banned when morgana could have been,

Telltale signs of baddies:
Who cares what we pick?
*picks tryndramere when we have a solo nasus and jungle trundle
Supports are useless
*picks taric
Etc etc

Elo hell only exists because there is mostly a distinction between good and bad players: their ability to play the game. When someone blames lag, I legitimately believe them. The thing is, you will never find a person who is bronze and has to afk 5 minutes each game because he/she has connection problems. As for the other bad people, it's merely a lack of understanding. Yes in theory you can put any champ at any position and win a game,but there comes a time when you have to learn to play to the champion's strengths and weaknesses.

This is what leads me to the main problem with people: "Maining a champ". It does not matter how well you can play swain, if a malzahar was already picked for mid. Since you have lost your lane where you could farm safer or gank with greater ease, you should not pick swain.

Bonzuu

12-05-2011

Ituse it does exist and I am in it right now in Lowe Elo u still have the nuns that are only in this elo because they were Carried this far but one u get this in ur game ur done and beside that there are many nubs that don't understand the game

VeteranDawg

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudo View Post
Bad team comps lose games. Low elo players can often only play 1 champ and not play that champ well. And they don't communicate as much in champ select. Erego, ELO hell is real. It's just that simple really.

Scenario 1: I'm fifth pick. Goodie. I run to the bathroom, return, and find that summoners 1-4 have chosen: Ryze, Leblanc, Swain, and Vladimir. Good thing a dodge only costs you 10 ELO.

Scenario 2: We have a genuinely decent looking team. Picks Cho, Brand, Nocturne, and Caitlyn.

"Hey fifth pick, can you play support buddy?"

"Is Nasus ok?"

"No wtf pick Alistar or Taric or someone like that."

"I don't have any champs like that."

GG bottom lane nasus.

ELO hell is real, my friends.
I was forced to play a support nasus role because I 2nd picked Nasus then our 4th picked TF instead of a support, then went top ( TF didn't talk throughout the champ selection despite my efforts) and throughout the whole game I was complaining about how I'm going to be doing 0 damage and will need to be carried through this game but I managed to still wreak havoc with my wither and fed our carry in the laning phase.

Ironically the match before I was against a support Nasus and we demolished bot lane, which made me even more sad that I was being forced to play a champ in a lane that I just saw get destroyed.

Sylvinite

12-06-2011

one thing i noticed is that you did not state what style hero did you play. im sure if your playing a carry hero it would be very easy to pull yourself up if your a good carry but what about people who are good at tanks and supports but can not carry very well or can play an good melee bruiser but once again dont carry. these are things that are very important to a good team but if you play this style hero in that level bracket you cant get out because there are still many bad carry's at that level and if you get a carry who feeds how do you support them.

DoubleSin

12-06-2011

ELO Hell exists, but you failed the mention that it mostly exists because of AFKs or Trolls. I posted two threads about it with evidence (pictures) of how it happens on 3 different game modes (Normal SR, Dominion, SR Ranked solo queue), one of which was 16 pages long with nearly 100 upvotes on original post and Riot deleted both of them.

Pretty clear that Riot is trying to hide it as much as possible. Even more clear they don't want to do anything about it.

You might get fair matches on a lucky streak, but eventually you're going to run into those people who are purposefully trying to lower their ELO. It's easy to beat people in lower ELO brackets when it's a fair match and you have a higher skill profile, it's much harder to beat these same people 4v5, or with a Katarina building 6 mana crystals. I've even had people openly say right before character selection is over that they're going to troll and happily do so. To say this stuff doesn't exist is pretty ignorant when hundreds if not thousands of threads across LoL forums about this exist (who knows how many have been deleted too). Would post proof again but then T-5 seconds before this thread gets deleted.

By the way, stuff like this where a player at level one makes a mad dash for 2nd turret before the minions even spawn have happened many times, even hundreds of times to me alone over my entire LoL career and not once has there been loss forgiven. I was in a 2v5 ranked game where 1 person disconnected during load screen and 2 others left when the game loaded none returned. Even that wasn't loss forgiven. I might have a few fair games in a row which might get my ELO up, but it will certainly come crashing down in epic fashion. And if you happen to get one fair game that you happen to lose in the middle of multiple unfair games, you're just in an even bigger pit.