Dominion Died Out?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fadetob1ack

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdollar hoe View Post
the whole lack of IP ruined it for me ...
?? you end up earning more IP playing DOM than you do SR....maths iz hard....

JoJoOAO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

if u want to play some lol before goin out.. u can play a dominion and not be late :P if u have time to play.. 99% of the times.. u will play sr

PriorityOne

11-08-2011

Lots of hate in this thread.

So I play Dominion quite a bit. The last 35 out of 40ish games I played were Dominion, because I enjoy the mode. Almost all of those games were wins with Shyvana. She's surprisingly good in Dominion.

Anyway, there's a lot of misinformation in this thread.

I see the same champs every game - Actually you don't. I play Blind Pick, not Draft Pick and surprisingly there isn't a Rammus every game. Jax, Akali, and Poppy aren't dominating every game. I actually see a lot of very diverse teams in Dominion. Lately the most common champs have been Ezreal and Kassadin, and I've seen some very, very scary ones. Ironically, most of the people who complain about "X is in every game" are actually the people who play Ranked Dominion and ban those champions because they're too afraid to face them.

Dominion is mindless killing - There's certainly a lot of killing and that is half the fun, however it's not mindless. As you win more Dominion games, you run into smart people who will ambush you in bushes. You learn not to travel the jungle when you have 3 points captured. You learn to take advantage of a strong top by ganking bot. I've lost games due to people thinking it was some sort of battle arena who didn't know how to group, siege, or defend.

This thread reminds me of a golf club full of golfers agreeing with each other over and over that Football is dying out because none of them play it. Very silly.

Ansre

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
Ironically, most of the people who complain about "X is in every game" are actually the people who play Ranked Dominion and ban those champions because they're too afraid to face them.
Also seems to be alot of folks who played dominion 2-3 times, obviously couldn't get the hang of it, put it down and are now misplacing their anger towards Riot.

I hated dominion for the first fifteen or so games; at least until I found a champion I enjoyed playing in dominion. And yes, every game at that level is dominated by Rammus or some other backdoor champ (Yi, stealther, etc.), but that only lasts so long.

Rondrelle

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansre View Post
Also seems to be alot of folks who played dominion 2-3 times, obviously couldn't get the hang of it, put it down and are now misplacing their anger towards Riot.

I hated dominion for the first fifteen or so games; at least until I found a champion I enjoyed playing in dominion. And yes, every game at that level is dominated by Rammus or some other backdoor champ (Yi, stealther, etc.), but that only lasts so long.
It's not that, I mean it is like SR, you win some and lose some. It's not that hard to grasp. It just.....is boring

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

The automatic downvotes for people who enjoy/defend Dominion that came while this thread was in GD make me chuckle.

MayhemLikeMe

11-08-2011

I enjoy Dominion. It's a new frontier to explore, strategies to implement, builds to test.

Embrace the change!

Highdollar hoe

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetob1ack View Post
?? you end up earning more IP playing DOM than you do SR....maths iz hard....
do you?

I thought you only got more if you win ... making it almost a must win to stay ahead of SR ...

KeitMacheen

11-08-2011

I still play exclusively Dominion because it is unreasonably fun. Sorry you disagree.

Zavy

11-08-2011

I dislike Dominion but hang around the Dominion forums just to hate on it too!