Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Automatic Taunts/Phrases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoosmell Pooplord

09-28-2009

Maybe I play a bit too much TF2, but I think it would help give the characters a lot more personality if they automatically taunted or said some line when they killed a person/building/etc, or in response to other events. I've still only played about half the champions, but I don't even know what the rest of them sound like (aside from their death screams). I might be more inclined to play a champion if I think they have an interesting voice or personality, as opposed to just blindly picking someone who looks cool.

I feel it would make the characters more interesting and add more variety to games. The only issue is probably the sheer amount of lines that would have to be added, but as it is I don't think we really hear enough out of our champions besides their general acknowledgment lines (Or anything at all in Rammus's case, I hope he gets a voice eventually). On that note, hotkeys for jokes, taunts, laughs, etc would be cool too!

Kupikimijumjum

09-29-2009

/agree. I think it would be a really nice way to add a lot of flavor. And I'd definitely like hot-keys for some of the emotes, though I'm sure that's not something the audio guys have control over.

Tienvar

10-22-2009

This could be nice, as long as they're not too annoying or too frequent - after multi-kills, or killing the same hero several times without dying, killing a hero who's killed you several times, inhibitors..