What counters Wukong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Lately, I'm seeing him rape face in the 1300-1400 area and I was wondering what counters him. His gap closer makes any squishy unable to go against him. I saw my team's Nasus get his face pounded in last night. I'd imagine Lanewick going double Doran's rings early could be a good idea, but still, is there a KNOWN counter to this *******?

Boomstick II

11-08-2011

Lee Sin

Reveals him if he tries to decoy away (Use tempest as soon as he jumps to you, you can even use safeguard just before to block some of his harass) then slows him so you can harass back. Most of his early game damage is from E and Q, his auto attacks are generally fairly useless because if he stays within AA range and has no sustain, he'll get beat. Lee Sin has sustain, great harrass, the reveal, and should definitely be able to beat Wukong in lane.

Madfriar

11-08-2011

Tryndamere is actually very good vs him. Tryndamere can either keep up with his damage or outdamage him while being able to heal himself at the same time.

Narvuntien

11-08-2011

Chogath?... he is one of the strongest solo tops... Wukongs dash does make rupture pretty useless though.

I like playing Swain top against any melee even those with gap closers.

Lord Ryushishin

11-08-2011

Thronmail? Take note of how he is playing?

meneroth2

11-08-2011

I ain't past 1200 elo, so my opinion ain't great but I do play wukong a fair bit. His early game has no self sustain like most solo tops so anyone with good sustain should do ok against him. Ww shouldn't have lost that lane. He also isn't great with mana early so it's a good idea to try and zone him a bit and force him to use his nimbus strike/decoy combo. He can only do it a few times before he'll run short on mana. Finally, get a ward as soon as he gets to 6 because a jungle gank, plus his ult will almost garantee a kill

Once wukong gets wriggles though, your gonna need to get a little Tanky to shut down his damage.

Also, exhaust is great against him, just don't miss and hit the decoy.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Anyone tankier than Wukong, really.

BeastlyLambo

11-08-2011

any character with sustain, let him blow his mana, most will try a e,q and perhaps w combo except w is a mana hog. Buy sustain such as pots and boots, armor is meh because of his apen. Also consider having your jungle gank quickly because often wukong likes to push hard so he is very vulnerable to gank

BackDoorer

11-08-2011

master yi, start with boots and 3 red pots, should last you long enough for 700g, chain vest 1st item, build into sunfire cape, second item atma's impaler, then usual items >.>

works against AD lanes or ad heavy teams easily =D

ashtray4joo

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongshocker View Post
Lately, I'm seeing him rape face in the 1300-1400 area and I was wondering what counters him. His gap closer makes any squishy unable to go against him. I saw my team's Nasus get his face pounded in last night. I'd imagine Lanewick going double Doran's rings early could be a good idea, but still, is there a KNOWN counter to this *******?
WW should be able to handle him without double dorans as long as he plays smart. WHen I am solo top I like to play fairly passive as WW, let them poke me, back off a bit, use the tower to heal off minis, once I get 6 its a lot different. Q a few times but not chase, they get a feeling you aren't going to do anything, Q, ult, ignite, Q again=profit.