The Ironspine Rapier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

11-08-2011

The Ironspine Rapier
"This blade literally uses your opponents strength against them."
Recipe
- Chain Vest (700g)
- Recurve Bow (1050g)
- 570g
Stats
+55 Armor
+40% Attack Speed
Passive UNIQUE: Standard attacks deal a bonus 1% physical damage for every 40 maximum health your enemy has more than your maximum health. (Maximum 180 bonus damage verses monsters.)

At 1000 health difference, your attacks will deal 25% additional damage. Note that the passive does nothing if your max health is the greater of the two. Also, until the difference in health is high it would be more effective to buy a AD item. This item is literally for countering multiple health-stacking champions, without forcing you to also buy health in order to survive them (I'm looking at you Warmog-Atma's).

Alternate passive: If your opponent has a higher % health than you, your attacks deal 5% bonus physical damage (+5% per 10% difference in your %health). Example: if you're at 50% health and they are at 70%, you will deal 5+10=15% bonus damage.
Alternate recipe: Chain Vest + Brutalizer, providing armor penetration instead of attack speed.

SteZiL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Hope you don't mind if I buy it on Mundo and Olaf and Tryndamere.

3mptylord

11-08-2011

I think you've misunderstood. You gain bonus damage if their maximum health is higher than your maximum health. Typically you buy health on Mundo and Olaf, thus yours is higher and you gain no bonus damage.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Lazy version of Madred's Bloodrazor?

Also overpowered. All MBR really needs currently is a cost drop. Without the passive, the item's overall value is 2500 gold for a 3800 gold item.

If you build no max health and an opponent does, unless this item is going off of current health %, you will deal MASSIVE damage, the kind of numbers that people claim Tryndamere and Gangplank get at level 3 but can't mathematically back it up.

Crazyflames

11-08-2011

Maby if it was only 1 AD per 40 HP difference, if they have 1k more hp than you its 25 AD, not that great though... I think Exdeadman is right MBR just needs a cost drop, 4k to hurt atmogs just isn't efficient when it doesn't give you much in return otherwise.

3mptylord

11-08-2011

This is a slightly different niche to Madred's, although admittedly not so different. :P

Making MBR cheaper would be very good! I think Madred's Razors is half the issue... You lose the passive, so why is it even in the recipe? Why not just Pickaxe+Cloth Armor+Recurve Bow; or Chain Vest; or B.F. Sword.

I don't think bonus AD or %damage makes much difference, since it's calculate on-hit.

El Humblebee

11-08-2011

I like the name

Dragonsafe

11-08-2011

I wonder how much damage trynd does with a crit at lvl 3 since exdeadman brings it up.
Trynd lvl3 base: 65.73

Marks 9* 2.23% crit dmg: 20.07%
Glyph 9* .56% crit dmg: 5.04%
Seal 9* .78% crit dmg: 7.02%
Quint 3* 4.46% crit dmg: 13.38%
Rune total: +45.51% critical damage

Masteries: 10% crit dmg, 3ad, 6Apen,4% increase to physical damage

Doran's blade=10ad (just to see max dmg at lvl 3 without going back to shop)

Bloodlust: 10ad+.2/%hp missing so an absolute max of 30ad

adding it up:
(65.73+3+10+30)*2.5551*1.04=288.47 physical damage

Is this tons of damage??
look at it this way... at lvl 3 ezreal has 510hp and 19 armor. With 6Apen mastery that's 510hp and 13 armor or an equivalent to 576.3 physical hp.
After 1 crit Ez would have 287.8 physical hp. 254.7 true hp...

In other words ez is 2 lucky crits from death when full hp vs a lvl 3 trynd with crit dmg runes.

For gp simply change the base dmg to 59ad and the bonus from skill to 45(parley)+12(raise moral active):
(59+3+10+67)**2.5551*1.04=369.37 physical damage
There are a lot of lvl 1 champs who would die to this damage alone... with gp passive it gets more ridiculous (realize unlike trynd, gp would only have a 2% chance to crit for this absurd damage.)

so ya... possible tons of damage with lucky crits...

feel free to point out any mistakes I've made and yell and scream bloody murder at me if you so choose. But I don't think I've screwed up my math.

3mptylord

11-08-2011

Nice. :P

Is critical damage runes the most efficient way to get damage? Would getting armor pen or attack damage be more efficient for damage output at level 3, assuming he does crit?