Jungle Ali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

11-07-2011

I've been trying it, and I really think that people like Stonewall have REALLY underestimated Alistar as a jungler. Here's what I do:

1/13/16 Masteries.

ArPen reds, AS all else.

QEQW then R>Q>E>W (E and W are interchangeable [do you want more burst mid-game or sustain+support?]).

Items:
Cloth + 5 pots.
Boots.
Madreds.
Philo Stone.
Ionian Boots/Merc Treads.
Heart of Gold.
Aegis. (other items are taken whenever you need them after AotL, and take whatever you need)
Warmogs.
Atmas.
Wits End.
Eleisa's Miracle
Bloodrazor.

I know I know. WTF is this non-tank stuff on Ali!? Believe it or not, it makes him a BETTER tank. If you realize that Ali HURTS when he hits, you aren't so easily ignored.

Take big wolf-Blue-wolves-wraiths-small golems-red. You can then gank or continue jungle.

Ok, so your ganks are the best in the game bar none. You have W which moves them AND gets you closer, you have Q which is a 1.5 stun AoE. You have high sustain with your E, and if a situation gets sticky you have your ult. In teamfights you kinda run in the middle, ult, and disrupt as much as possible while damaging as much as possible. My most recent games had scores of 8/1/16 and 2/4/23 (my second and third times playing him as a jungler). I literally feel like a god with Ali. I highly recommend him. He is slower than Udyr, Skarner, and Nocturne but he has better ganks and he isn't THAT slow (Q and passive). Even though pros don't use him, I have a feeling there might be a VERY quick resurgence of them using the cow once again.

EDIT: A full clear is 4:10. Not bad! Udyr is 3:30 (the fastest), Skarner is at 3:40 (still relatively useless 'till level 6 for ganking though), Nocturne is around 3:50, and other junglers fall around the 4:00-4:20 mark. Yes, those 3 are faster but they are the jungle kings in terms of speed, it would take a lot to dethrone them. Still, Alistar is decently fast and his gank more than makes up for it as he is the best ganker save for Skarner level 6+ at which they are tied (late game he does less damage than Skarner but he is a better disruptor with Q and E being on low cooldowns compared to Skarner's R). Also with the proper items he scales magnificently due to his kit revolving around disrupting anyway you look at it.

Killzerz

11-07-2011

Ah, so no new posts. 3:

Misentro

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
Ok, so your ganks are the best in the game bar none.
Jungle Blitz would like a word with you.

Killzerz

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misentro View Post
Jungle Blitz would like a word with you.
Except for the fact that is is extremely slow in the jungle and relies on a skillshot. Alistar is quite fast and relies on on point-and-click W and is self-sustaining. I think Ali wins this contest. ^^

Killzerz

11-07-2011

Bumping again.

Rhotacism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

."He is slower than Udyr, Skarner, and Nocturne but he has better ganks"

Better the Nocturne. Darkness. Not many ganks beat that. Also you left out plenty of better junglers.

RoamandFeed

11-07-2011

I'd rather grab WW, and let Ali stay bot/roam.

Thing is, Ali needs 0 farm to do whatever you want him to do. Nocturne can't do that. However, Ali ganks ARE good....and that's why people will roam with him in tournaments, and he used to be a mainstay before the meta changed to a dedicated support on bot.

Sikkes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Alistar is a really weak jungler. He can do his job and pull off ganks early, tower dive past 6 and retain some tanky dps supportive sole later without hurting for specific items.

I don't think he's a jack of all trades that can counterjungle or recover as easily as other people.

If you like him play him. I don't mind.

Standtall

11-08-2011

it may work and im not arguing that it doesnt but why jungle sub par when udyr trundle or noct are better?

Kuriii

Recruiter

11-08-2011

Usually as Jungler Alistar, I tend to take double golems ASAP and do a Lv2 gank when they're still Lv1.

Alternatively, I'd just roam with Smite/Flash and just steal from their jungle occasionally. It's kinda hard though.