Adobe Air debug launcher error. HELP PLS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phMack

04-17-2011

didn't work for me T-T

Cowspoo

04-22-2011

EDIT: Was able to play after the system restore. But Shut off my computer that night, when trying to play again, the client crashes. Didn't fix. So i ran System Restore again just now, rebooted and i'm in. Confusing and annoying fix...

What I thought was my solution
System restore to before the game was broken.

Backstory if it matters
Just spent four hours uninstalling/reinstalling the following and L.o.L a BUNCH of times, to different directories.
Adobe Air
Java
Net framework 4
League of Legends

Nothing worked. Even with CCleaner.
Even tried copying files over from my laptop which has a working League of legends.
Also removed every instance of Riot and League of legends from my registry.

Blekstone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

Bump for justice.

Draganon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanthemann View Post
Sorry for necroing this old thread, but I have figured out a solution for this problem incase anyone was still wondering.(I clicked the top thread after googling so people can find the solution faster.)

Note:
When you reinstall a newer version of adobe air, it doesn't get installed into LoL's adobe air.

Solution:
You DO NOT have to uninstall, and reinstall LoL

1. Install the newest version of Adobe Air at:
http://get.adobe.com/air/

(Make sure LoL is shut off)
2. Go to the LoL directory:
Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

3. Delete everything inside (ex. Resources Folder, Adobe Air Application Installer.exe, Adobe Air Application Installer.swf, Adobe Air.dll)

4. Go to the Adobe Air directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

5. Copy all the files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0" over to "Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0"

6. Now finally run League of Legends with the latest Adobe Air.

And the "Adobe Air Debug Launcher" error, should not pop up anymore.

This is because LoL installs an older version of Adobe Air to use, and if we manually replace the older version with the new version it should be working.
What if you don't have the /air file?

MaskierterHater

06-27-2011

Hi,

i got the same issue and the above solution didn't work for me, but then i started LoL with
the "lol.launcher.admin.exe" file in "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends" and it works perfectly. I don't know maybe i was just stupid or something but i hope it helps some of you at least

7heBigBadWolf

06-28-2011

Ok so to all the people that had my problem "There is no 'air' file" this is what you need to do:
Install the newest version of Adobe AIR
Copy all files from path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\1.0
into
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.36\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

and move/replace all files inside. This should work. I have had this issue for 3 days and without an "air" file in the first path that they said I was lost till I finally found it. Hope this helps, alot of trouble for a free game lol.

-Bad Wolf

Riha

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBigBadWolf View Post
Ok so to all the people that had my problem "There is no 'air' file" this is what you need to do:
Install the newest version of Adobe AIR
Copy all files from path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\1.0
into
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.36\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

and move/replace all files inside. This should work. I have had this issue for 3 days and without an "air" file in the first path that they said I was lost till I finally found it. Hope this helps, alot of trouble for a free game lol.

-Bad Wolf

This is the new path since they updated the launcher, not sure why it got stuffed all the way down in the folder tree. Anyway, this works now and I just wanted to make a note that I had to restart my computer after copying the files to get it to work again.

edgemaster99

08-01-2011

I have tried everything that I can seem to find on the internet to get this error to go away. When i try to launch the game, a command prompt style window flashes too fast to read. I managed to screenshot the error, and it said the following:

Adobe AIR could not be found.
Use "-runtime <dir>" to specify the location of the runtime.
You can download the latest version of the runtime
from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair

I entered the address and installed the latest version of AIR, and it still wouldn't work. I unistalled and reinstalled LoL, and the game loaded just fine after loading the latest patch. However when I closed the game and came back to play next, i got the same error. Please someone help, the 0.0.0.36 folder is not there, but the 0.0.0.67 file is. I copy-pasted the latest AIR version in that folder, and it still won't work.

Any help?

edgemaster99

08-01-2011

so, in a desperate attempt to play LoL tonight, I opened up Computer>C:>Riot Games>League of Legends> lol.launcher

and it worked. i have no clue how or why, but who cares. its working now. try this if you have problems with AIR

Dace Venetes

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanthemann View Post
Sorry for necroing this old thread, but I have figured out a solution for this problem incase anyone was still wondering.(I clicked the top thread after googling so people can find the solution faster.)

Note:
When you reinstall a newer version of adobe air, it doesn't get installed into LoL's adobe air.

Solution:
You DO NOT have to uninstall, and reinstall LoL

1. Install the newest version of Adobe Air at:
http://get.adobe.com/air/

(Make sure LoL is shut off)
2. Go to the LoL directory:
Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

3. Delete everything inside (ex. Resources Folder, Adobe Air Application Installer.exe, Adobe Air Application Installer.swf, Adobe Air.dll)

4. Go to the Adobe Air directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

5. Copy all the files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0" over to "Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0"

6. Now finally run League of Legends with the latest Adobe Air.

And the "Adobe Air Debug Launcher" error, should not pop up anymore.

This is because LoL installs an older version of Adobe Air to use, and if we manually replace the older version with the new version it should be working.
I'm chiming in to say I have the same problem as the OP, and when I used this fix it worked for about 2 weeks but now its happening often again. Also, its ridiculous that LoL uses an older version of flash if its causing this stupid problem, why not just update it? ffs..