Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Adobe Air debug launcher error. HELP PLS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bakumian

09-12-2010

Didn't work for me

MyDeadGrandma

09-12-2010

Replacing the adobeAIR in the LoL folder worked for me. Strange though that it needs its own folder within Riot.

Andreatta201047

09-12-2010

Quote:
stanthemann:
Sorry for necroing this old thread, but I have figured out a solution for this problem incase anyone was still wondering.(I clicked the top thread after googling so people can find the solution faster.)

Note:
When you reinstall a newer version of adobe air, it doesn't get installed into LoL's adobe air.

Solution:
You DO NOT have to uninstall, and reinstall LoL

1. Install the newest version of Adobe Air at:
http://get.adobe.com/air/

(Make sure LoL is shut off)
2. Go to the LoL directory:
Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

3. Delete everything inside (ex. Resources Folder, Adobe Air Application Installer.exe, Adobe Air Application Installer.swf, Adobe Air.dll)

4. Go to the Adobe Air directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

5. Copy all the files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0" over to "Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0"

6. Now finally run League of Legends with the latest Adobe Air.

And the "Adobe Air Debug Launcher" error, should not pop up anymore.

This is because LoL installs an older version of Adobe Air to use, and if we manually replace the older version with the new version it should be working.
3. Delete everything inside (ex. Resources Folder, Adobe Air Application Installer.exe, Adobe Air Application Installer.swf, Adobe Air.dll)

which folder you speak AIR or AR? everything inside the folder AIR? AR ?

alexjett

10-09-2010

i did this and it did not work

Dheimus

11-30-2010

Quote:
stanthemann:
Sorry for necroing this old thread, but I have figured out a solution for this problem incase anyone was still wondering.(I clicked the top thread after googling so people can find the solution faster.)

Note:
When you reinstall a newer version of adobe air, it doesn't get installed into LoL's adobe air.

Solution:

5. Copy all the files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0" over to "Riot Games\League of Legends\air\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0"

This is because LoL installs an older version of Adobe Air to use, and if we manually replace the older version with the new version it should be working.

Andreatta201047 is the AIR past just switch one for the other... and ty Stanthemann

Graggles

02-05-2011

I have had this problem for a very long time. The answer I always got was to uninstall LoL, uninstall Adobe Air, restart, run a reg cleaner, restart, install Adobe Air, install LoL and I keep having this problem with League of Legends where the Maestro client would freeze up, turn white, and pop up the Adobe Air Debug Launcher Error and you could either close it and get a IE script error or click wait and give it 5-25 seconds (sometimes longer) to unfreeze the game. This occurs everywhere in the Maestro client.

This fix I have quoted fixed the issue!

Only thing to note is that on a 64 bit system the directory for the Adobe Air you want to get the files from is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0"

*** Thank you so much for the fix! Riot, bump this, there seem to be a TON of people with this issue and I dont think they know about this! ***

Quote:
stanthemann:

Note:

Solution:

Jamie09

03-05-2011

I have followed all of the advice provided reguarding the removal of adobeair and replacing it and the login screen still replies with adobe air debug launcher has stopped working i am wondering what else i can do i have even got another copy of the game off a friend as his is working fine however it is not working 4 me

pls help me

Vetadragon

03-16-2011

THANK you STANTHEMAN it fixed it thank god!!!!

deineMODA

03-17-2011

thx a lot for the solution

StevanDard

03-31-2011

i did this too and still it didn't work....

so still no solution huh??

always show adobe air not found
use -runtime <dir>
and bla bla bla....

oh god this problem is killing me