To those that say balance is bad, tell me what to play and I will own anyway

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anniie

11-08-2011

People used to laugh at me for sending Soraka bottom. Just keep on going and better luck next time.

Stez007

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
And this is why you can't win every game with any champ. It isn't because you aren't skilled with them (or skilled at dominion for that matter, because I can attest to the fact that you are), but because the random factor is too high. Dealing with individuals that intentionally troll due to your different choice of champion are not avoidable 100% of the time, sometimes you get leavers and it's already pretty much GG, or you get 1-2 players who are absolutely awful and can't hold their own weight to save their life. It is a team game, and I've already suggested the best way to get 10 wins in a row (bottom lane), but it really isn't a surefire way either just due to the reasons I stated.

I like the idea that you are trying to prove Dominion is balanced, but I'm afraid this approach probably won't work (but I would be very happy for you if you did made it work ). For those who don't believe the game is balanced: it is.
This, a thousand times this.

I actually played a game earlier tonight as Sivir, whom in my opinion is among the strongest bot-lane champions, and was trolled *hard* by my teammates. I couldn't do anything but watch as my team rushed bottom and got my ass killed 12 times -_-

Dominion's pretty balanced, but the trolls won't admit it.

Hikaru Genji

11-08-2011

Leona. No damage output. Passive useless most of the time. Can't 1v1. Can't bot. Weak defender. No global utility. Etc.

Xavderion

11-08-2011

The only really up champs on Dominion: Vlad, Mordekaiser.

Stez007

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Leona. No damage output. Passive useless most of the time. Can't 1v1. Can't bot. Weak defender. No global utility. Etc.
Leona is a pretty ridiculous initiator. Dem stuns, man.

Kino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

I'd probably like to see a Nasus win streak. He loses one of the more attractive options for playing the character (the Q stacking) so he is often relegated to the role of the pusher with his E.

In my opinion, he is a worse champion than Dr. Mundo in Dominion. Maybe it's just because I like to play a Mundo in Dom a lot. He's tanky, he pushes minion waves quite effectively, harrasses people hugging the tower and the fact that people tend to veer toward ghost/exhaust (or garrison, promote etc) rather than ignite also helps with his chances.

Nekrogen

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavderion View Post
Vlad and Morde are niche champions that can win bottom lane very easily granted the champion they are facing doesn't have constant long range abilities or autoattcks. I've never seen it before, but I bet Morde vs. Sivir/'Nasus/Shyvana/Skarner would end in Morde's favor simply due to zoning (assuming the player is relatively skilled with him). Similarly Vlad would probably do well against the same champions plus a few more simply because he has a slightly longer range and better sustain.

In the end, it really just comes down the the player's skill with that champion and the knowledge of the map in general.

maxusmaximus

11-08-2011

Sona is fine. Had a 15 game win streak with her a couple weeks ago. Got to around 30+ wins with her. Try for 10 wins in a row to make it semi-challenging. I get a few trolls who **** on negatively about her but i just tell them to save it for the end of the game - if we lose they can blame me then. Try prospectors/sorc boots/ lichbane/deathcap. By the time you have sheen + sorc boots + ring and you are hitting enemy squishies for half their hps with a q and passive proc they will shut up.

monkeyswinkle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

I've seen a German team streaming Dominion games (Eyes on You or something like that) and it seems like they run a Sona every game, and do really well from what I've seen.

coffeerox

11-08-2011

Sona is pretty easy to win with unless your team intentionally trolls you. Same with Ashe and Taric. Weird thing is that whenever I pick Sona, no one seems to complain and I've done this since public beta.

If you really want a challenge, pick Veigar and get 7+ wins with him. I don't see how it can be done b/c he is so slow, can't charge up Q (I personally thought it was doable w/o it but after I played him, awful!) he is all around weak for Dominion.

Quote:
Morde is a tad UP on Dominion ONLY because of the gold income. He needs more but he can't buy it regardless of what happens. He's still good though and he can destroy an entire team with just you and ghost. Speaking of Vlad, I'm gonna go try him out.