LoL Item Changer (Tool)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tormound

07-11-2012

Any plans of making proving grounds recommended items added?

Thalandor46

07-11-2012

I would love you forever if Proving Grounds support was added!

Oh who am I kidding. I love you forever already :P

yourbuddypal

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalandor46 View Post
I would love you forever if Proving Grounds support was added!

Oh who am I kidding. I love you forever already :P
Haha that made me laugh. Thanks.

What is the proving grounds exactly, is it ARAM? Also, the items are the same as summoners rift (aka classic) right?

Candellumin

Huntsman

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbuddypal View Post
What is the proving grounds exactly, is it ARAM? Also, the items are the same as summoners rift (aka classic) right?
The Proving Grounds is a new custom map made for ARAMs. The recommended items are different from Summoner's Rift and Dominion, and have their own custom recommended item file name. They use RecItemsARAM.ini.

HikaruIchijo

07-12-2012

GOGOGO proving grounds support! XD

LumiSquirrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Woah, I have been wanting something like this for ages, thanks

HikaruIchijo

07-16-2012

@yourbuddypal

IF you choose 2 or more of the same item, when you get the 1st one, the other/s one/s dissapear and you get empty boxes.
Any chance to fix it?

yourbuddypal

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikaruIchijo View Post
@yourbuddypal

IF you choose 2 or more of the same item, when you get the 1st one, the other/s one/s dissapear and you get empty boxes.
Any chance to fix it?
Unfortunately not. Thats all game client and controlled by Riot.

yourbuddypal

07-24-2012

Added Zyra.

DrSec

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbuddypal View Post

*Having Issues? Please see the FAQ two posts below*

Presenting
: The LoL Item Changer v 3.1.0.6 (Requires .Net 4.0).
Courtesy of Yourbuddypal

Forward:

This isn't the first recommended item changer, but my goal was to make it the most intuitive and easy to use while offering robust features. I would have had this out way sooner but, well, LoL is too much fun!

Summary:

The LoL Item Changer is a program used to update the default Recommended Items for each champion. Recommended Items display in game and are updated at infrequent intervals by Riot. In response to Riot's thread about Recommended Items, many people requested the ability to update those items. This tool provides that feature. Items updated with this tool are FULLY functional in game - you can interact and buy any item that has been set, just as if it had been built in by default from Riot. This allows you to streamline your champion builds and save time fooling around in the item shop during the game.

How to Use:

I'd like to think that the use of the program is fairly straightforward, but I'll describe it in detail anyways.

NOTE: these are a bit outdated.
Short Demo
Long Demo

1. Upon startup, you must pick whether to load your default items from the LoL directory or from a file. The first time you run the program, the LoL directory should be used.
  2. Pick a champion. You can use the filter to select a champion by (partial) name.
  3. Set your custom items! First, click on the item that you want to change. This will bring up the item panel on the right instead of the champions. There are multiple ways to set up your items:

- Select your item slot on the left, then select the desired item on the right. The filter can also be used here so that you dont have to hunt.
    - Drag an item from the items panel onto an item slot.
    - Swap item slots by dragging and dropping between them.
    - Hold control while dragging an item slot and that item will be copied to the destination slot. 6 Phantom dancers you say? No problem.
  4. Save your file - I highly recommend saving your item builds before moving further, just to ensure that you don't have any wasted time barring some mistake.
  5. Deploy! Upon doing so, the recommended items will be written out to the League of Legends folder.

Features:

1. Manage any number of builds per champion and select which one to deploy.
  2. Make custom item builds using a GUI that has champion and item images, filters, and descriptions. For instance, you can filter items to only show those that give both AP and health, or just tenacity (an item group that the game is sorely lacking!)
  3. Rollback (aka undo) your custom items with the click of a button. (you are never required to use this feature any more, it is just there for convenience)
  4. Load default items at any time - Default items are loaded from the league of legends directory and are accessible at any time without the need to rollback custom items.
  5. Automatically updating program - makes sure you always have the latest and greatest, and it also means bugs are fixed in a timely manner!
  6. Item Build Files - The program supports the loading and saving of item build files (*.LRI files). This allows for multiple different builds (for instance, different Twisted Treeline and Summoner's Rift builds) that can also be shared.
  7. Share Code Support - Share item builds with friends by sharing an automatically generated code. Feature idea courtesy of Katai (with no permission asked :-P ).

Special Thanks:

• Monogamous - My dedicated tester who has kept pushing me to actually release this for weeks/months! He was also an integral part in UI design with his WPF prowess.
  • Elilasol - For his original post detailing how to replace the items, thanks!
  • Very Very special thanks to both Tracteur Blinde and Krashan for figuring out how to make this functionality compatible with LoL .101 and up. They did all the heavy lifting.
  • Item Changer competitors - for giving me ideas and making me strive to make my program better.
  • Riot - For making an awesome game that also spurred a fun project for me to work on in my off time.

I think thats it. I hope you guys like it, and I strongly encourage you to post bug reports and feature requests. I have set up an email specifically for this, so you can contact LoLItemChanger AT gmail DOT com. Please Prefix subjects with BUG or FEATURE. Please be kind and constructive in any feedback/criticism! Please thumb up if you like it, thanks.

Love,
Yourbuddypal

***Disclaimer: All media is copyright Riot Games. This post confers no rights and claims no liability for what you do with this program and all that business.***

Donations

A few people have suggested that I add a Donate button to support the development of this mod. I hadn't really considered it before and have never done so which means... this is an experiment! I am graciously accepting donations of any amount, which are completely optional of course.

*** I checked this with Riot and they did not object - I do not claim to be affiliated with Riot in any way nor am I looking to profit from making this program. Donations help fund my noble habits of programming, playing LoL (including buying numerous skins) and drinking beer! ***

Donate Link

Twitter:

I created a twitter account to get extra dropbox space. I've never used it. I am a noob. I will consider making posts when I make releases or something... can be found http://twitter.com/LoLItemChanger if you are into that sort of thing.

The Trojan Fiasco:
I just checked the thread today (4/30/2012) and see that there was a fake version of my program posted with a trojan. I posted a reply on the Reddit PSA as follows:
Please ONLY download the program from links that I officially post! I.E. only from this thread or from my twitter account.
It doesnt work with other languages.
I'm playing LOL br, I got over 9k error messages and every champion image is blank, but, there is the description, like "Cho' gath, the terror of the void" but in portuguese "Cho'gath o terror do vazio", when I try to change the items the itens dont appear at all.