Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Viable Item Build for Kog'Maw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

opt1x

06-25-2010

<Whatever boots you want> -- completely situational

Madred's Bloodrazors -- with lvl 5 BaB would add 10% of the enemy's max health in damage.

Last Whisper -- with lvl 5 CS popped would give 90% armor reduction on an enemy (right?)

Frozen Mallet -- Auto-attack slow, and extra HP makes Kog'Maw less squishy.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter -- Spell-damage slow, and extra HP. Can't go wrong with adding about .8% max health dmg to BaB and some extra damage to his other spells that scale with AP.

Youmuu's Ghostblade -- More armor penetration, damage, IAS, crit chance %. Goes great with BaB and Madred's

Runes: Armor penetration (quint & marks), IAS (cooldown), health (seal)
Masteries: 23/0/7

Stats @ lvl 18:
-- HP: 3,326
-- Attack Speed: 1.512 (w/o Youmuu's active)
-- Damage: 198 (BaB and Madreds not included obviously)
-- AP: 80
-- Armor Pen.: 55.37 (lulz)
-- Armor Pen. %: 40% (if you pop CS, it's 90%)
-- Magic Pen. %: 15%
-- CDR: 26%

Can IAS/AD Kog'Maw work? Give it a try and let me know how it is. Haven't touched the champion ever, and I just thought of this in about 2 minutes. So flame on or tell me that you tried it and went 21-2-9, whatever lol.

NessOnett

06-25-2010

Well, I haven't tried it, purely for that fact that it would never happen. This item build costs a ridiculous amount of gold to finish it off, and the order is pretty awkward. No mana regen is bad on Kog, and AD does very little to help his overall DPS(due to his W).

Xianio

06-25-2010

While I disagree with a couple of your final items/the order I've basically used this build.

I thought the same way Ness did but I figured I'd give it a shot. Auto-attack Kog'maw is actually pretty crazy. Sure your basic damage value is low but between Q's passive 25% or active 50% and Last Whispers 40% (and presuming you have armor pen runes/masteries) you're looking at basically True Damage auto-attacks for 4 seconds.

That's crazy.

Grinningsphinx

06-25-2010

Yuumos Ghostblade is a waste...he isnt tagged as melee

bluebaozi

12-22-2010

i played kog maw and got 17-3-9 ....... with an infinity edge, madred's bloodrazors, phage, and boots

ForeverLaxx

12-22-2010

I wish people would look at thread dates before making their incredibly enlightening posts.

So many necro threads...