I want your Dominion thoughts and impressions!

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifier View Post
You realize how balanced dominion is when you see the same champions in every match.

Such as:

Jax
Shaco
Teemo
Rammus
Tryndamere
Heimerdinger
Kassadin
Poppy
You forgot Sion, Yorick and Eve.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

I played summoner's rift for 2 months and it was a ton of fun, hysterical free fun actually (I sent an email to all my friends and recruited a few). It's still fun, but I don't always have an hour to play. So Dominion is the style for me.

I've enjoyed it so much I think I'm addicted. I spent money on riot points this week and I'm more likely to hit "Play" than to go to sleep unless I've got less than 4.5 hours to sleep.

As for balance, it seems obvious that some champs are more fit for this style of fighting. I don't like it that Rammus seems like the undisputed best tank because he can also cap/disrupt so well. Graves and Shyvana seem like they were designed for Dominion, which can be frustrating. Global ultimates are clearly preferred. (Gangplank, Pantheon, Ashe, Ezreal). I've seen a lot of ridiculous Poppy and Shaco. What this comes down to is that most of my matches are composed of the same 15 or 20 champs.

I play 90% solo queue, so maybe these are the most popular champs for solo queue. Is it different in more competitive play?

ChaoticHypnotic

11-07-2011

1. Balance is good, for the most part. Sure, there are a few champions who cause problems. But, bans easily take care of this and I'm confident that fine-tuning balance tweaks over the coming patches will continue to improve this. I totally disagree when people say that AP Casters suck in Dominion. But, they definitely got the short end of the stick with regard to items, so I hope this gets adjusted. Priscilla's needs to go also.

2. My biggest pet peeve right now is personal score. It is getting better, but still does not accurately reflect player contributions, and it still encourages bad play for fanbois who like to game the system for score. Defense needs to be rewarded more. I realize it's difficult to track, but it would be nice to see rewards for holding enemies at bay so your teammate(s) can cap near you. Ambushes and Diversions would be good things for which to keep score.

3. I have only played 5 games of SR since Dominion released, and I find it extremely slow and boring now. SR is like watching the grass grow. Ugh. I would consider myself exclusive to Dominion now.

xWARLINGx

11-07-2011

-What are your impressions of the balance on Dominion? (If you're a serious player that's gearing up for competitive Dominion, I especially want to hear from you!)

There is no way to balance dominion perfectly it will always been somewhat unbalanced. Due to the fact that many of the older and even newer champions don't really fit at all. Its more balanced then twisted tree line is in this regard due to the fact there are 5 champions and some of the more picked champions have more of a chance to pick up slack.

-What is your biggest pet peeve about Dominion?

See above. If you're going to release a new map make it more in line with SR so that things fit more in place ( hint: things like magma chamber.). I can't speak for the community but that's what I and most people I play with want and were expecting with a new map.

-Are there any players out there who now play exclusively Dominion?

not here. Nor do I know anyone who does.

-Thoughts from players who tried Dominion and feel like it just isn't their cup of tea. Are there any particular reasons that stand out? Fixable (wink wink) reasons?

Comments above are why I dislike it.

Detrium

11-07-2011

Passive XP and Gold gain hurts competitive play.

Reward players for their actions!

PS: I play dominion exclusively now

Ryconn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

hello VeigarTheHorible, been playing Dominion for the past 2 weeks testing out several champ's ranging from Annie and fiddlesticks to Jax and Cho'Gath

i am NOT the best player at LoL (yet) and i have only been playing for a few months

so now that you know where im coming from i will give you my opinions on what i have seen first hand in the lower-mid "ELO" of dominion

so far for my impressions of the balance on Dominion i generally believe it is taken over by 2 types of Champs, fast moving Assassin's like Talon and Akali or heavy bruisers like Rammus and Jax,

after taking my favorite champs like Annie and Fiddlesticks i felt that after my burst i couldnt really fall back or get away without some lucky jukeing and was always forced to stay around towers which even then didnt provide much protection....

now the above could be taken as just being bad at LoL's but i have had success with the champs in SR and i could generally get a few kills but overall i feel that AP carries (besides Ryze) just feel too squishy with so much unknown area in the middle

As for my biggest pet peeve about dominion would have to be the inability to purchase a Banshee's Veil...so many times i wish i had that item and it has that giant red X...just makes me sad....

are for exclusive Dominion play i have been exclusively playing Dominion personaly the past few weeks and i intend to keep playing it in the near future because its very fast paced and you never feel like your just stuck farming or waiting on a new minion wave to push a tower...

but overall i love Dominion and i cant wait for competitive play

Odrien

11-07-2011

I think the balance is decent some champs stand out a bit due to their scaling but are still counterable.

my first biggest pet peeve was removed recently with the reduced rubberbanding. however i would love to see dom wins being shown on my profile

I pretty much play exclusively Dom now i only play SR if i feel the urge to go jungle.

rawpower405

11-07-2011

I exclusively play dominion now. The balance could use some work, but I think its more a result of the map, then balancing certain champs. Perhaps moving to 6 bans would alleviate a number of the balance issues.

Adac

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post
Hi guys, we've been talking internally and throwing some ideas around about how we want to tweak Dominion and I just wanted to drop by to get some of your guys' raw feedback on what you'd like to see!

Some things I'd be particularly interested in hearing about would be:

-What are your impressions of the balance on Dominion? (If you're a serious player that's gearing up for competitive Dominion, I especially want to hear from you!)

-What is your biggest pet peeve about Dominion?
I love Dominion, and would play it constantly if life allowed me too. Mostly I think Dominion has good balance, with the exception of the fact supports are simply bad in almost every case (and a few tanky DPS being too good) .

Ever since the gold nerf, I think the reveal items need to be fixed, They were good when you had plenty of gold for core items and could afford a side item. That no longer is the case, especially when you want the reveal aspect but don't want the other random stat that comes with it (it's alright AP, but pure attack speed is pretty bad on a reveal item). So I would recommend you greatly drop the price (900g-1000g for one of the 2 reveal items) and then nerf the stats to make them balanced. I also think the Capture Rate item should be removed because it promotes backdooring and imo sort of ruins the fighting aspect of Dominion.

I guess my pet peeve is if the game is a 4v5 there is even less of a chance of winning unless the 5th person comes back (in which case it is handled better than S.R.). I would like to see a damage buff added to people who have a 4v5. Although it can't be enough to obviously make them OP, perhaps a 8-15% damage increase on all sources of damage (and a MS increase of ~3%) to help them against the 4v5 which would be removed when the fifth member comes back. Still love the game though.

Cuz1972

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifier View Post
You realize how balanced dominion is when you see the same champions in every match.

Such as:

Jax
Shaco
Teemo
Rammus
Tryndamere
Heimerdinger
Kassadin
Poppy
I see Teemo, Rammus, Trynd, Kass and Poppy in maybe 10% of my games.

12345612 ... 27