What happens next?

[NMR] Retreat and regroup back at the Black Keep. Morello will surely find his own way out. 5 4.24%
[NMR] Send word to Zileas to send more troops. TNM must fall! 21 17.80%
[NMR] Surrender! All hope is lost... 21 17.80%
[IsC] Flush Morello out. We must save Lady Nikasaur! 59 50.00%
[IsC] Keep a small force stationed to make sure Morello doesn't escape. Move on the Black Keep! 20 16.95%
[IsC] Surrender! Morello is too strong... 11 9.32%
[Legion of n00b] Continue to pester Sagarys while he ignores us. 20 16.95%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea! ... Over the corpses of the NMR... 27 22.88%
[The Knights who Drink Tea] Drink Tea! ... Without the blood. 15 12.71%
[The Anti-Fun Agenda] Creep on Leona. 40 33.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 4 - Blood for Blood

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearTheSkorpion

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarys View Post
Yup that's fine. I have no problem with the tech. I just want everyone to understand that it needs to be more like Rumble's battlesuit where things are holding together and are effective, but at the same time, appear as if they are constantly on the brink of falling apart. This doesn't mean that they aren't strong or powerful by any means. Just, this is the style of steampunk tech that I want to see.

What I don't want to see is a Star Destroyer free-firing orbital cannons without recourse.

EDIT: An example I gave Baron is that I am not ok with nuclear powered, high-tech jet propulsion. But I am ok with jet propulsion that is powered by six guys shoveling coal into a furnace that directs heat into a turbine (perhaps powered by a squad of men on bicycles that cause it to spin) creating thrust.
[[Which is definitely not good, I get it. I've been a GM before, and it's absolutely crazy what kind of insane stuff people come up with to turn their characters into veritable Juggernauts if you don't keep them in check. I had one guy whose answer to absolutely everything was "I dodged it." Feel free to call us out on that, or we'll take it too far.

Also, that's why I'm going to drop the "curse" bit. Cool background? Yes. Fun to play with? Yes. Seriously broken? Sadly, yes.]]

Flamell

11-07-2011

( I just want to put it out there that we never said we had SC2 like technology. In case there was any confusion on that. Its always been steampunkish)

FearTheSkorpion

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamell View Post
( I just want to put it out there that we never said we had SC2 like technology. In case there was any confusion on that.)
[[It was just an exaggerated example, drawing a clear line to show what the problem was. We know no one said "We're going to call down the orbital strike lasers now." ]]

Reichsmann

11-07-2011

((By the way Sagary, as for my idea with Reich, I'd be fine with him dying after the event took place if it's worked in somehow. I do have a method for bringing Reich back after it in a different way then he's returned before, but once he's back he'd be quite weakened for some time for obvious reasons that you are aware of. It would also take time. XD))

Flamell

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulciscendi View Post
[[It was just an exaggerated example, drawing a clear line to show what the problem was. We know no one said "We're going to call down the orbital strike lasers now." ]]
(Just wanted to state it. Its not like we are trying to godmode with our tech.)

Mr T Virus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Quote:
( I just want to put it out there that we never said we had SC2 like technology. In case there was any confusion on that. Its always been steampunkish)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulciscendi View Post
((*beep* [Nuclear Launch Detected...] O_O Ah ****... ))

Flamell

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T Virus View Post
((*beep* [Nuclear Launch Detected...] O_O Ah ****... ))
(shhhhh XD)

Sagarys

11-07-2011

Quote:
I understand, but I think the NMR players weren't quite sure of the extent of the IsC's tech. They were feeling a bit overwhelmed. So by drawing these lines, every can now understand what they are and aren't capable of.

FYI, Baron's big ship that he posted about is still a huge threat to the NMR. Just know that it is not without weakness.

Flamell

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarys View Post
I understand, but I think the NMR players weren't quite sure of the extent of the IsC's tech. They were feeling a bit overwhelmed. So by drawing these lines, every can now understand what they are and aren't capable of.

FYI, Baron's big ship that he posted about is still a huge threat to the NMR. Just know that it is not without weakness.
(We never tried to imply they didn't have weaknesses everything does. Look at Reich. He seems to have a weakness, at least he states he does anyway, we don't know what it is of course but he has one. same concept.)

Sagarys

11-07-2011

Scene two posted in the reply beneath the first post.