Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

menacemanic

11-07-2011

tiamat how does it work..........

WIll it Work on Graves

Dragonsafe

11-07-2011

Tiamat is at best an early game farming item. For ranged champs it deals 35% of your damage to units in a fairly small area around it. It works with auto attacks and skills that apply on hit effects (gp/ez q). I've also seen a couple interesting builds for people like twitch who get it as everyone hit by spray and pray would proc giving him a chance at greatly increased damage if all your opponents sit together.

I call it a farming item as it has no real use in fighting vs champions, it gives lane sustain from its regen stats and allows faster pushing of lanes.

Graves already has good farming capabilities, if you want better you can pick up a wriggles lantern for its chance to instant kill on enemy minions early game+lifesteal for sustain. For fighting I don't think tiamat would be good on graves as it doesnt give as much damage or is as useable as a BT, BC, or IE. On him its really just a more expensive BF sword (realize none of his skills apply on hit effects).

There are some people who troll build melee champs by stacking tiamats then aa a creep next to a champ to deal 250%(5 tiamats) damage to the champion. On malphite you can get 362% splash and he has a +40% ad steroid... but its not very effective unless you can attack something directly next to your target.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-07-2011

Tiamat is an on-hit effect. It only works for auto-attacks and spells that specifically state that they apply on-hit effects, such as Mystic Shot, Parley, Double Up, Infinite Duress, and Bladesurge.

Graves does not have any spells that apply on-hit effects -- it does not "work" on him any more than it would other ranged auto-attackers.