How to - Counter annoying Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golwen Lunn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Or just nerf it RIOT!

Ishamael18

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-22-2012

i beat the **** out of tryn as ryze all the time he isn't really that hard to deal with

KSG Yuuki

02-22-2012

Malzahar is your only hope!

1) After hurting Tryndamere alot most of his health will be gone and he will use his Ultimate called Rage.
2) When this happens you cast your E , which is a damage over time spell lasting for 8 seconds.
3) Let Tryndamere run or you run away!
4) After Tryndamere's Ultimate is over he will not be in sight as he ran away BUT you will hear
"YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY" !
5) Good Job! You killed him!

King Stannis

03-08-2012

I once (This was on SR, just noticed what forum I'm on, still works on TT though), baited a poor Tryn into tower diving with my GP. I was at 5% health (At most), he was at 60%, so he came on, grinning.
As he spun into me, I hugged the turret and started running around it, the turret of course started shooting at him, but he still would have killed me before it got him. Until I flashed onto the other side of the turret, and watched him die.

The trick to killing Tryndamere is playing with his arrogance. Keep him overextended, or close to the turret, and he will be ganked/shot down before he even realizes.

Skury420

03-08-2012

Another good way is to use jax with wriggles ninja tabi wardens mail guinsoo's and you can usually solo even a fed trynd with your ult.Just use your E when he ults. thats 3 seconds he can't touch you. Usually he runs and you can proc your W and Q into him for win. hard part is getting that far but warden mail's passive slows him down a lot.

Prefix

Master Recruiter

03-09-2012

Exhaust coutners tryndamere.

SheriffV2

03-09-2012

I love using Ignite on a Tryndamere a couple seconds after he ultis.

He runs away, and a couple seconds later, "An enemy has been slain." :P suck it Tryndie xD

whiteheal

03-10-2012

Tbh i have found none of this works for me i have to be malz, sion, morg or lux to stop try

Tylerpb

03-29-2012

It boggles me how much people claim ignite counters Trynd. Think about the conditions that have to be satisfied for ignite to get you a kill on Trynd that you wouldn't have gotten without it. They're fairly uncommon and on top of that rely on the Trynd to basically make a mistake and try and hang around until the last minute in a fight they weren't going to win and won't have any effect on whether or not you die in the fight.

Burst and stun (or other CC) isn't really an effective counter to him either. It works, but you've used up enough burst to kill a person and a couple of good CCs and still have just forced him to run away. If there's some minions nearby to lifesteal from he might even be back.

Exhaust is great. Because he's so dependent on auto attacking it's about as good as a couple seconds of hard CC on him.

AE is really good against him too. Getting him down into 'ult or risk getting burst faster than you can hit r' range without actually wasting your burst/focus on him is very powerful. He'll tend to be built pretty squishy so a relatively small amount of AE can put pressure on him. You've actually focused one of his teammates and forced them to run away or killed them. Trying to do the same thing by using your burst/focus on Trynd doesn't work because all you'll have accomplished is using a lot of abilities on someone without killing them. You've basically turned Trynd into a tank except that he does carry damage.

I wouldn't say he's particularly easy to gank (he does have a built in dash that goes over walls with solid range). A good ganker who gets the jump on someone can get pretty much anyone though. What does work well is really aggressive harassment by someone with range and a dash or hard CC of their own (to keep Trynd from just spinning to you and winning the slugfest). You don't just pop him once or twice whenever he comes up, he'll heal through that. You just open up on him every time he comes into melee with the minions, including under his tower and don't stop until he pulls back. Unless you've got some pretty good chase moves yourself or a ganker you probably won't kill him, but you can shut his farm down in the early game.

Édan

03-29-2012

We just need a malphite, trynda owned!

Malphite E + frozen heart + randuins woman ( idk the name of the item ) = 50% + 20% + 30% ASPD reduction! plus nasus W = + 95% aspd reduction, + nunu ice bolt = no movement speed, + maplhite q = no movement speed, + amumu stun, = 3 secs + the 3 stuns of leona... DEAL! he dead... OLLOLOLOLO plus a ignite and exhaust XD