How to - Counter annoying Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sydaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

We all know about those Trynds that try to spin into the middle of us and wreak havoc.
Yeah, the ones that die really fast and don't really bother us.

This comes from being underfarmed and underleveled. From being denied it.
There are several ways to counter his "OMG HIT 700 CRIT WTF" stage. For example, you could perhaps build armor besides the normal Zhonya's Hourglass or Wriggles. I oft see only those items as counter on three's, but in reality, you should have your jungler or a bruiser top build a Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen. They slow down Tryndamere's DPS ridiculously.
You could also play a counter in ranked, such as Pantheon. When I used AP runes and masteries on accident, and Tryndamere had proper runes, I could still win early fights.

Lertan

02-13-2012

Teemo with ignite + exhaust.

Build MBR, Frozen Mallet, Frozen Heart and enjoy trolling trynd.

Just be sure to blind, then ignite when blind wears off, igniting just before his ult finishes.

Place shrooms on his escape/engage points (dragon wall on dragon side, top lane bush and the other side of wall form them, etc).

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Easy:

Pick Cho'Gath, silence+nom for big burst when he's ~1/2 health. If he ults, knock up takes care of the majority of his ult and he doesn't really do much damage at all.

kavinh the third

02-14-2012

do people ever make a counter for tynr that doesn't work for anyone else?.
and try kiting him i've beaten tynrdameres fairly easily with katarina the trick is to rush rylias and keep dancing around him but stay out of range between shunpos so he can't chase u.

Asazen

02-14-2012

If you can get a Tyrndamere to pop his ult. Malazhar is the best choice. That CC, for 3 sec. will easily dispose of him.

The problem is getting him down to that amount of health however lol xD

Deldo

02-14-2012

rocket grab him into a turret with blitz. gg.

Enchantz

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklukejohn View Post
INTRO
We all know that we either love or hate tryndamere(depends on if you're playing against him or as him). We think he takes no skill - right click to win. We think he is overpowered - spin in, slash fest heal , ultimate, heal, spin away. And we hate his criticals, 150 damage lvl 1.

Here's my opinion on how to counter him:
1. exhaust
a) it is hard to know if you're going to need exhaust for a trynd if you are playing normals. So i normally just take exhaust anyways, I love the slow and the ability to 1 on 1 people.
2. ignite
a) other people suggest this summoner. basically he can heal himself for ridiculous amounts and he can't lifesteal his way to victory. The problem is is that he still has undying rage
3. Burst and stun
a) burst him down and make him use his ultimate, or maybe you bursted him so badly that he just died.
b) when he ults, stun him when he gets onto you

A few tips,
1. Tryndamere will become unstoppable if you let him farm.
2. Tryndamere can always spinning slash away, so keep this in mind and keep your gap closers ready.
3. You and your teammates MUST coordinate, who you guys are going to focus. If the battle becomes drawn out, tryndamere will clean up your whole team. You're team needs to win the fight in 5 seconds or else GG.

Please write out your own counters to this annoying hero. I'm anxious to see other people strategies. People always talk about how only noobs can't handle tryndamere, yet they don't really tell us how to counter him. I understand 3 exhausts will make him do no damage, but there's 2 other people on the team too.
Get armor early on if you are laning against him,you gotta harras the **** out of him pre 6

Exqzr

02-20-2012

I think Xin is more problematic than Tryn. He can kill you quicker and he doesn't need to farm that much to get dangerous.

PunnyMaster

02-21-2012

here is the point of this conversation, there are many ways to counter the annoying tryndamere, however, one must concentrate his/her build to stop him in which doesn't means it would help against any other people. Sure someone play tryndamere and he gets counter, but now what? all the exhaust and ignite are used and so are the stun and other CC, what is there left to use it against others that were standing right beside him. 1v1 tryndamere is easy, but in team fight, it's impossible.

iMuse

02-21-2012

Play wukong, beat him up all game. bring exhaust flash. get him low, ulti. he endless rage exhaust
win