How to - Counter annoying Tryndamere

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tylerpb

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
You HAVE TO stop him from farming. There is no other answer, this is #1. He is highly susceptible to ganks (esp pre lvl 6). If you let him farm to his hearts content it is GG even if your team has a higher score/cs/towers.
You're definitely right about stopping his farm being a good way to stop him, but in what sense is he highly susceptible to ganks? He has a low cooldown flash that goes over walls and high sustain that likely means he'll be at/near full health. Then post 6 he has his ult to add an extra 5 seconds or so to the time he gets for escaping and basically guaranteeing that a bursty, caster style gank can't get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfyPanda View Post
I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but ignite doesn't counter him. It kills him, but only after he kills 2 of your teammates.
I know right. I don't know why this one keeps coming up. Ignite does only 1 thing against an even modestly intelligent Trynd. If you were going to be able to survive through his ult and kill him without it, then it makes sure that he can't spin away right before the ult ends and live. If you weren't going to win that fight anyway, it gets you the kill, it doesn't enable you to win the fight if you weren't going to be able to do it anyway. Incidentally, most the champs that can stand toe to toe with trynd w/ult and come out ahead build some decent sustain, so they'll get healed up and he has to stay away until his ult is up again anyway or they'll just gib him.

I suppose a smarter-than-modestly-intelligent Trynd would see that you have ignite and decide if he can win the fight before his ult is almost through, so you might not even get the chance to ignite him for a kill if you can outplay him. It's such a facerolly champ though that that qualifier doesn't describe many of them.

Exhaust is obviously great against him. The guy who said AoE is on the money too. If you can force him to ult without wasting your burst on him directly then you can win that fight. If you have to blow your burst on him to force an early ult then you've already lost that fight. No matter what you do he's going to live at least 6 seconds or so and you can't afford to get 6 seconds into a team fight without removing anyone on the other team from that fight. It's like using your burst on the tank. You can probably kill him but it loses you the fight.

Serkhet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Last time I vs'd a tryn I was in twisted treeline playing akali, he and I were top.

I kept him pushed off the minions. I had him pushed back from farm and ganked him often enough that by the time he was level 6, I was level 12.

Keep him from farming is by far the best, if not build thorn mail and use your major burst damage to burst him down before he can react and hit r.

Dracothius

01-17-2012

I play tryn a lot in 3's(easiest way to counter tryn on the other team) and I have to say that with a decent team it's hard to counter him. If you buy thornmail, I get last whisperer. That with masteries gives me 50% armor pen. You have to stack at least a couple armor items before thornmail helps against last whisper. If you do stack armor, it works really well. If you can chain stun or keep me at range with knock arounds while doing enough damage it can work. I would say that cc is what really works well. Exhaust and ignite work well but if I'm hitting you, I don't know if they will save you. As far as stopping tryns farm, I'll just jungle every time the camps are up. I have had poor early games and come back with farming the jungle for my easy money.

Temporomandibule

01-18-2012

All of this trynd QQ makes me laugh so much. I play Tryndamere quite a bit, and I usually win, but he can definitely be beaten. When I win, they almost always got outplayed. It wasn't really anything to do with the fact I was Tryndamere. I could have beaten them with other champions too.

Sure, he's pretty great on this map, in particular the design of the map allows him to escape/gank easily, but things can go really wrong against certain team compositions. He's by no means fool proof.

First of all, Tryndamere is straight up bad against tanky champions until he gets items on him. This has nothing do to with the magical level 6. Sure, after 6 I can escape in desperation by popping my ult, but becoming a monster is entirely item dependent. Tryndamere just doesn't do anything to tanky champions until he gets items.

As such, abuse this. It drives me nuts when people are on my nuts pre- BT/Infinity. I also don't ever want to force a straight up fight, unless I know I can win because of position or my team mates. Why? Because I just don't do enough damage to tanky teams yet. I want to keep farming and be left alone, only picking up kills off of people that are out of position or doing dumb ****.

So, if you have early game advantage, USE IT. Tryndamere is a mid-late game champion. I'll destroy you later in the game, but I'll lose early. If you don't use this, it's your fault, not mine.

I'll also say that Gragas is a very effective pick on this map against Tryndamere. Sure, if I'm MIA I can definitely catch Gragas out of position and win easily, but with warding and control Gragas is hella hard to deal with. If I get poked extensively it's VERY hard to fight, and if I get knocked out of the fight I'm pretty much done and completely useless.

i.e., Tryndamere is only effective if I can quickly get in and do lots of damage to you. Getting knocked around or poked pre-fight is incredibly annoying and drastically decreases Trynd's effectiveness.

Pesty Chuller

01-18-2012

#1 way to counter. CC. burst until undying, then chain cc.

WoH Elvishrage

01-18-2012

Ban tryn .... countered.....

relazar

02-01-2012

I started playing trynd quite a bit and since then i have been able to counter him quite well. voli can prevent him farming with roar (controlling minion waves), i have kited him tower diving as riven with stuns and exhaust ( through endless rage even), also most trynd players wait as long as they can before using ER counter this buy tricking them into thinking they dont need it then bursting ( I.E. riven windslashing early). obviously dont let him free reign farm the jungle.

Tokinatoor

02-03-2012

Frozen mallet works if you just hit him and run away

Obscurite

02-09-2012

Everyone's given a lot of options for killing/escaping tryn, personally I find him hard to kill when played well for all the reasons mentioned above and prefer to simply keep him weak as long as possible and kill his teammates and base around him. I mean the idea is to win right let tryn sit by his tower and wander around what jungle, I leave him wondering if I have it warded which of course I do. As far as making him weak my fav is rumble tho mord also works. Since 90% of tryns go top I just harrass him off the spawn and if the bot lanes aren't giving me trouble I push him back further so he can't gain exp unless he wants to sit behind the wall. @_@ He wants to wander off and farm the wolves and golems I push his tower just like tryns love doing to every1 else. I usually hit 6 while ur average tryn is 4 or 5 and since it's rumble if I haven't killed tryn him self yet I just ult something down south usually get at least one kill. As for fighting him with rumble besides super late game or him being really fed I never really have a problem double slow pick up ryl's after boots and then some armor depending on whats a threat. And exhaust of course finishing him off slash saving something/some1 or my self >.> bltch does hurt. Anyhow long story short that's simply my version of every1s *just shut him down early* there's no shutting him down for ever sooner or later every1s going to max items and level and there is no denying tryn is a beast maxed so why let it get there.

AND YES HE STILL NEEDS TO BE RE-BALANCED I DON'T CARE HOW MANY I KILL

Oh and every1 bltches about tryns which I understand been there still do but just like tryn dominates the late game rumble dominates the early game and I rarely even see one. Personally I'll take the early game and if u make it to the end game well that's my fault now isn't. ....... Actually 4get I said anything about rumble ^_^ hes mine.

Diminished

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

doesnt matter if tyrn gets farmed, he is still a carry and really squishy. A exhast or ignite will counter him. and Rammus>Tryn

1234567 ... 8