Madred Bloodrazor fix (buff?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kentuckychicken

11-06-2011

Currently, the Bloodrazor is quite an unpopular item. Its purpose, tank-shredding, doesn't really work since it does magic damage, and a tank build will have about 200 in every resist, making the damage much less. And who will build Mpen on the AD carry? Really, right now the only way to truly counter tanks such as Rammus/Singed that get a ton of free resists is Vayne's true damage.

Bloodrazor COULD be viable on high attack speed/built in on hit effect characters such as WW, Udyr or Kogmaw, but the Wits End is a much better alternative. Costs twice less, gives the same ASPD, but it increases MR instead of armor (MR being a more important stat for melee characters since they take heavy mage harass). In addition to this, Wits End does 42 magic damage, which is about as good as the Bloodrazor early game and allows making other core items much faster. And the pitiful 30AD on Bloodrazor isn't enough to make up for this.

For example, I have been in a game with a very tanky enemy team. A couple AD characters decided to get a Madred, but the enemy quickly responded with FoNs and were simply unkillable.

So, I propose the following changes to Bloodrazor.
First, increase the AD to 40, like it's supposed to be. No other item loses base stats when upgraded.
Second, I was considering giving it the Madred Razor passive. That could make it OP, but the cost could be increased slightly, and besides that, no one makes this as a core item (maybe its viability could be increased this way).
Third, either of these changes should take place:

1. Madred's Bloodrazor
+25 armor
+40 attack damage
+40% attack speed
Passive (Unique): Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum health. Any subsequent hits increase the magic damage dealt by 1% up to a cap of 10% (maximum 120 versus monsters).

This change would be aimed at increasing sustained damage against tanks (10% HP every hit, even when reduced by 50% with MR, will still hurt). This will encourage tank players to CC the enemy AD champion and not just ignore them while killing a turret/inhib (so many times I have seen Caits attacking an enemy Garen, but he just ignores them and hits the tower until it's destroyed).

2. Madred's Bloodrazor
+25 armor
+40 attack damage
+40% attack speed
Passive (Unique): Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum health (maximum 120 versus monsters).
Active (Unique): Your basic attacks deal bonus true damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum health for X seconds (maximum 120 versus monsters).

This change would be aimed at increasing the damage you do to tanks and tanky DPS during a teamfight, this is nothing to ignore since with 2.5 ASPD you could land several hits, taking down Singed's/Cho's much faster than they would expect it.

I honestly prefer the 1st change, since the 2nd looks too much like Vayne, and true damage is a boring concept. However, the 1st one might be OP if the enemies haven't built up MR. Also, I'm not sure about numbers.

Anyway, it's up to Riot to balance the item how they feel is necessary, however they should consider either of these changes since Bloodrazor ends up never being built. I can see it being viable on Teemo/Vayne/Kog, but the ones I see rushing it fail compared to IE for Vayne/Kog and Malady+Wits for Teemo. The changes could make it fullfill a new tank-killing role that the other on hit effect items don't have, as well as making it a more attractive option for end-game carry builds instead of that 3rd PD/BT.

Moderately Dirty

11-06-2011

I agree it needs a buff but these proposed changes seem over the top

Laugh0utL0ud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

make it 4% true damage every 2nd hit fixed

American Dreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Lower AD to 35 and increase atk speed to 50%? Otherwise. No.

Blackfire447

11-06-2011

I'd agree with this.

Ko Hakoo

11-06-2011

The problem is that you incorrectly think that Madreds is an anti-tank item. It doesnt say that anywhere.

Artarias

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh0utL0ud View Post
make it 4% true damage every 2nd hit fixed
For the love of god not true damage.

If anything just reduce the combination cost. I think it's fine where it's at, a counter to HP stacking. Do we really want more %HP damage flying around?

AngryNarwhal

11-06-2011

Cheapening it up would be really great, too.

kentuckychicken

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
The problem is that you incorrectly think that Madreds is an anti-tank item. It doesnt say that anywhere.
What would be its purpose then? I think it is an item designed to counter the OP armor and HP stack, which is what tanks typically do against teams with alot of AD chars.

Kairuek

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I have to agree with this. I get Wit's End 1st then finish Madred's later on WW. Press R instakill squish.