Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tygramynta

11-07-2011

Me and a group of friends play SR and we need a tank so i was gonna do it as leona. That a good idea and any1 got any tips?

AJStarhiker

11-07-2011

She's fun, but it can be difficult getting enough to make your build. Get Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold, then start building the rest of your items.

TehLove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

she's a great early game champion, I dont care what elements says her laning phase is quite powerful.

Play with a aggressive champ, someone who can take advantage of your Passive because it means lane control and early kills. I run MP red, flat health yellows, CDR blue and Health quints.

If you have all that and start with a dorans shield, you'll start off with 800hp lvl <3 <3 <3

Skill for first 6 levels should be Q -> E -> W -> W -> W -> R. (This a good starting skill set for first time run troughs, I go Q in place of W personally.)

CDR is Leonas best friend, if the game is going standard, go for a Frozen Heart as quick as possible, followed by Boots of Ionia. After that, tanking items based on the team comp is best. Health is generally needed after Frozen heart, also Abyssal scepter is one of the most underrated tank items in the game, get it, watch your AP carry <3 you all day long.

EDIT:

Laning should be E -> Q when a opponenet over extends. Watch them melt while you and your teamate blast an ooponent into oblivion. ONce you get three your combo should be W->E->Q. Let your teammate know when your going in so he can take full advantage of your passive.

My bud(When he had a comp) And me would go LEona and Maokai in a lane and win all the time. I'd hit them with my E as his sap fell Proccing bonus damage. I'd stun them then his sap would blow, procing bonus damage and after my W went off he'd snare. that type of chemistry takes time, but Leona is one of the best tanks in the game(So is Mao imo) and when that happens any opponent early game will melt.

tygramynta

11-07-2011

Thanks for the advice guys i will take it all

SolAnchovy

11-07-2011

Here is one of the best guides I have seen for her - soak it in!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=972447