Ranged AD carry runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iater

11-06-2011

What runes are good for ranged ad carries? (Bottom with supports) Ex... Graves, Ashe, Vayne, Tristana, etc....

SquidBlub

11-06-2011

Pure flat AD. Never miss a creep again and hit like a truck with level 1 harass.

skydrgn7

11-06-2011

I run flat ad quints, flat armor yellows, ar pen reds, and either flat mr or as blues or mana/lvl regen, depends on who I'm playing.

GucciDAO

11-06-2011

Standard AD Runes are

armor pen reds
flat armor yellows
flat mr blues
ad quints

DaFront

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

armor pent reds
AD quins

yellow and seals r anything

Cillith

11-06-2011

if u wanna be a boss, u use the same rune page as me:
Arp reds
Flat AD yellows
Attack speed blues
Flat AD quints

vayne with 67 ad with boot start (or 77 with dorans), cait with 64/74, yet still have 21 arp

Dyto

11-06-2011

I have 2 pages for my ad carries...

1 is if the enemy is mostly squishies and my allies mostly squishies.... that is;

Crit damage seals
Crit damage glyphs
Arpen reds
Arpen Quints

1 if the enemy is tankier and I don't want to be the one squishy target on my team that is;

Armor seals ( scaling )
MR glyphs ( scaling )
Arpen reds
Arpen quints

Valerius II

11-06-2011

why flat AD quints over armor pen quints? Since almost all of the AD carries are taking flat armor seals, they start with ~25-30 armor already, and they'll hit 31 armor by level 3 at the latest, and that means from level 3 on arpen quints are more effective than AD quints.

In addition to that, it makes it much more beneficial at that point to go TBC over LW, and that's even before you factor in the greater atk and aspd (for an AD carry who isn't using skills a lot).

LW (AD quints) reduction = armor - 0.6(armor-21)
TBC (arpen quints) reduction = 31+(15*max(1-number of hits), 45)).

Means at 3 hits (30 arpen from TBC) you pierce the equivalent of TBC at 121 armor, at 4 hits+ you pierce 159 armor. And that's before you take into account the aspd and ad buff.

The usual counter argument goes along the lines of: "tanks get 200+ armor". However, consider the incremental difference in damage (again, assuming only 3 hits with TBC, which vs a tank is likely untrue). At 200 armor, you deal damage with TBC as if they had 139. Damage = 1/(1.39+1) = 41.8% compared to LW, where you'd deal damage equal to as if they had 107 armor (~48%). The increase in damage from TBC over LW is (1.48/1.418) = 1.044, or a 4.4% increase in damage. at 300 armor the increase in damage increases to (1.37/1.29) = 1.062, or an increase in 6.2% damage.

Pretty sure 30% aspd and 15ad > 4.4% or even 6.2% increase in damage, and that's vs a target with 200 or 300 armor, meaning vs everyone other than the tank you're dealing more damage with TBC than with LW. Even if 2 or more people on their team go 300+ armor (very late game unless your team is stupid and all AD), you can sell TBC +200 gold = LW, for a net loss of only 1k gold (compared to if you had started with just LW, which would have put you at a disadvantage for most of the game).

All in all, I believe that arpen quints prove to be better in both the early and late game, due to the mechanics of TBC. If you refuse to use TBC, then why use arpen reds?