Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do i counter xerath in lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Svetsunov

11-06-2011

I just got raped by one as brand. Any tips?

Sesquiplicate

11-06-2011

dodge his q? start w/ boots and manage mana better, when you see him miss his q, punish him w/ your w. Brand should beat xerath, keep the range a little closer too.

Svetsunov

11-06-2011

ok, any other tips?

Ifridge

11-06-2011

What kind of advice are you expecting besides "l2 dodge skillshots" and "build mr", or the infamous "just cc him", because that's basically the only type of advice (very loose use of the word advice) youre gonna get.

Sigil of Silence

11-06-2011

Xerath is a combo-reliant champ. Once you miss one of his normal abilities, you won't receive his maximum damage. To be honest, I wouldn't know how to counter him with Brand, as I've never played him before, until recently in co op. But, most of the time I can melt one with LeBlanc.

A Cute 8 YO Girl

11-06-2011

Both Cassiopeia and Talon are direct laning counters to Xerath, fyi. But seriously, boots and staying mobile is the best option. He should be aiming solely for minions so angle yourself appropriately to where he'd have to give up minion CS to hit you.

elmcninja

11-06-2011

When he roots, sidestep and hit him with E-Q-W. Try to draw his Q blasts and dodge them, as they will push the lane and open him for ganks. Don't be anywhere near him at less than half health when his ult is up.

Lqmt

11-06-2011

Since you can see where he is going to cast his arcanopulse, keep running left to right behind your caster creeps. When he casts his mage chains on you, an aracnopulse is most likely soon to follow so. But like I said as long as you move left to right behind your caster creeps, the chances of arcanopulse hitting you are greatly reduced.

Starting with boots and three pots as opposed to Doran's Ring, allows you more mobility to aid you in dodging his pulse, and if you do get hit you have the pots to heal you up.

When he casts locus of power, he is rooted to the ground, take advantage of this by casting at the very least your pillar of flame on him.

If you are having problems with him beating on you with locus of power/arcanopulse from the side bushes, buy a ward or two to place in the bushes so you can see where his attacks will be coming from. These wards also prevent ganks.

UL9 ZettaRose

11-06-2011

I've played xerath for some time now, and i will tell you, if you play against a good xerath, the best way to counter him is by having unusual walking patterns.

Many xerath's like to anticipate, and thus in doing so you will get hit if you're walking normally. For this reason you try to always walking into awkward positions for Xerath.

Also know that when he throws his mage chains at you, he was two follow ups: His Arcanopulse, which if hits you, you will be in trouble. Try your best to dodge that. His second follow up would be a direct ultimate to stun you, if that's the case, i suggest you try to get up right in his face if you can.

In dodging his ult, always also twist and turn.

WATCH his mana. Do not overestimate the cost of an Arcanopulse. It truly doesn't take up as much as it seems, and usually in early levels if his combo does not succeed he will often be OOM

When Xerath is going for his Mage Chains, he will no matter what ALWAYS somewhat overextend. It's at that point where you can get him if he were to miss his initial stun.

Because he's so combo oriented, he messes up once and hes done for.

Alphazonex

11-06-2011

Veigar is a nice counter in my opinion. xerath wants to stack lots and lots of AP, but basically will always have base MR unless he builds it. ( Which 99% of them wont. ) You can also choose a champ who has some ok sustain. Examples of this being Morg ( who woulda thought ) and even vlad ( Le gasp! ). Kennen is pretty good as well, when you get revolver. And if you need to, you can use your MS steroid to avoid some of his abilities. Kass also does well, since his passive got buffed back to what it use to be.