More 450 IP champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mudirt

06-24-2010

I've been playing league of legends for a while and I'm really tired of the fact that all the new champs are very expensive. I know riot wants to work hard and make impressive champs, but some basic champs like ashe or sivir. I mean seriously theres only five of those but but 24 3150 IP champions. If anyone has any ideas, they would be pretty cool to consider

mudirt

06-24-2010

guys sorry to double post but if no one agrees with this can you explain why more basic champs is a bad idea? I'm completely open to your feedback

AgriasO

06-24-2010

The 450 IP champions are extremely basic. They are also extremely useful for the most part[Each excel during certain parts of the game or aiding certain team compositions] and the problem is; Adding any more easy champions with tons of capabilities would not be profitable for Riot. If champions are 450 IP, no one will bother buying them with RP and champions that are of lower value are worthless to the player so you wouldn't make much profit on the skins unless Riot turns out really good ones that are worth the price.

Another thing is the grind for 3150-6300 IP. It can be excruciating at times and all games can't be a guaranteed win as you won't always be playing the most game changing champion and won't always have the best of teams versus better enemies. This promotes the purchase of bonus IP with RP to speed up the grind or simply buying the champion with RP. If a 450 IP champion is just as a good as 6300 IP champion, why bother spending your precious money on RP besides loving Riot?

mudirt

06-24-2010

Very, very good point, i never thought about it logically. So riot is manipulating people to spend money which is completely fair, i don't have anything against riot but its just a business tactic right?

AgriasO

06-24-2010

I would assume so, but their champions are supposed to be represented by their cost. The more expensive the champion is, the more they're capable of I suppose and also opens up more ways to counter them.

I would love to have more 450 IP champions but that would also guarantee that they would lack usefulness or be slightly lacking compared to other champions. What would be a good idea is to make ideas that are generally harder to master like playing with suicidal champions[Tryn, Olaf] and implementing easier but slightly less useful versions for the 450 champions. It would allow players to find out what their preferred playstyle is beyond ranged/melee or caster/tank/dps.

Aspie

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgriasO View Post
The 450 IP champions are extremely basic. They are also extremely useful for the most part[Each excel during certain parts of the game or aiding certain team compositions] and the problem is; Adding any more easy champions with tons of capabilities would not be profitable for Riot. If champions are 450 IP, no one will bother buying them with RP and champions that are of lower value are worthless to the player so you wouldn't make much profit on the skins unless Riot turns out really good ones that are worth the price.

Another thing is the grind for 3150-6300 IP. It can be excruciating at times and all games can't be a guaranteed win as you won't always be playing the most game changing champion and won't always have the best of teams versus better enemies. This promotes the purchase of bonus IP with RP to speed up the grind or simply buying the champion with RP. If a 450 IP champion is just as a good as 6300 IP champion, why bother spending your precious money on RP besides loving Riot?
Pretty sure Riot stated somewhere that cost is no indication of power. They claim they price based off of "fun factor". It is also rather bad to assume the cost does equal power because it admits there is a champion imbalance, because with each addition to 3150 and 6300, we fill more roles but with "more powerful" champions, according to the price = power logic.

Mhm916

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgriasO View Post
I would assume so, but their champions are supposed to be represented by their cost. The more expensive the champion is, the more they're capable of I suppose and also opens up more ways to counter them. .
Too bad malthazar isn't capable of much but everyone could just buy a quick silver sash and counter like 75% of what he is while costing 975 RP and 6300 IP.

AgriasO

06-25-2010

@Mal'Zahar comment.

Like what I'm about to say below, 6300 IP merits capabilities(And a learning curve) versus other champions. The ability to deal DoT is extremely useful while easy to counter with Cleanse/Quicksilver/Merc Treads. Doesn't mean he's the best or the most fun to play. He's relatively useful and with a good team can get maximum damage from his DoT and Null Zone(or whatever his amazing line skill shot is... IDC). If you're doing bad, you'll step in and try to DoT a champion down to nothing and while you're immobilized by your own ultimate, you're focused to oblivion.

There are definitely holes in my arguments but Riot has varying reasons for the varying costs so... blargh.

----

Nonono, I don't mean that they're more powerful as a Kayle could just easily counter Ezrael or another combo. Riot has had varying explanations for the prices and I don't really think a lot of the 6300 champions are indeed fun.

Twitch is an invisibility champion and being similar to Eve with long invisibility durations, you must sit and wait. This provides sit and wait gameplay, showing up whenever you won't die and you'll instead poison the entire enemy team and expunge their arses to the afterlife. Is this really super dooper fun? No. Twitch has the capabilities to be the best invisibility hero although he may not have access to the extremely useful utilities or abilities Shaco/Eve might have.

Blitzcrank is a supporting tank. He provides extremely useful initiation and CC. His new buff that allows his ult to silence is even more utility. He can also get around quickly or speed up whatever he's doing. Compared to most tanks, he's relatively more useful than other champs and with some skill, would problem be better than most of them. However, he isn't the best, he simply merits more capabilities. But I think Blitzcrank definitely abides by the fun factor rule since Blitz is probably the most fun tank second to Cho'Gath.

Yarrrr.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

I don't mind the lack of 450 champs, but I want some more 1300 champs

Crolda

06-25-2010

I find that 3150 is an acceptable price for most new champs. 450 is an awful idea, though, given that most runes cost as much or more than that. If they cost so little, no one spends rp on them, and riot makes no money. However, Riot could easily take the tiny loss on profit by making more champions cost 3150 instead; if they aren't going to fix the servers with their fat bags of cash from all these champions, then they really could afford to make some less expensive. I don't want to spend 10 dollars on a new champion, but 5 would be fine by me occasionally.