Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Sion the new FotM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehadam

11-06-2011

Quote:
Juiceboxmidget:
vladimir...

who on another note, counters AP sion mid
wat...

Trask

11-06-2011

Quote:
IBUMHUNTYOU:
hes literally easiest hero to play in entire game

Sona would like to have a word with you. Wait...

Laniakea Airy 0

11-06-2011

Quote:
Elite Midget:
Because he stomps pubs since pubs rarely have a support at bot.

Go Taric+ Graves bot and Sion is worthless there. Go Morgana mid and Sion can't get kills off her, and put a tanky top laner and Sion wont get any kills there.

Implying that Graves and Morgana is not often banned, Sion as a last pick in solo queue almost always wins, once his shield is maxed and start roaming....you know what happens next..

Sreimund

11-06-2011

Many people are used to playing morgana and kassadin and other champions that were previously considered hard counters or immovable objects but the metagame changes constantly and since Sion is a good matchup against a lot of AP mids he is considered OP, you can easily consider different champions including non-AP's, After all the metagame is just what people decided on, it's not a set rule.

Also cassiopeia is a good matchup vs him.

For people claiming weird things about his skill leveling order a proper AP sion would prioritize the shield and then the stun since they deal equal damage at max rank thus making the stun half of your damage. The key here is to skip your ultimate to reach the max rank in both as fast as possible and then level up your E. AP sion has little to no use for his ultimate, you could take 1 point in it for either turret pushing or regenerating health but definitely no more. The ultimate will scale nicely with Lich's bane however so if you coordinate that well you could get some good health regeneration out of that.

DONGLORD420

Recruiter

11-06-2011

last champ who can "roam" successfully

Vidal

11-06-2011

Quote:
TiBik:
I'd say its the base on the shield that makes him an effective mid against mages, its a higher base than many AP champs abilities, and scales high, which means the sheild will pretty much always still be up after an ability is used on him, and that is all he needs to nuke you.

personally, I think sion's shield should be lowered in mana cost, but have an effect where the blowing up of the shield will do only as much damage as the health of the shield. so break part of the shield, take only part of the damage...

I think that might balance his ability to effectively ward off AP characters anyway...

EDIT: oops, posted this on my little brother's account... My summoner name is Jookuh, and I support this message.

This will make ap sion virtually usless...

QPick

11-06-2011

Always shield never die

huehuehuehuehue

Kazhan

11-06-2011

I don't know...Maybe because he's fun to play? Its nice seeing old champions like Sion coming back into the limelight.

LGD Frokid

11-06-2011

what is fotm?
i see it tossed around a bunch, but no clue what it means

LGD Frokid

11-06-2011

Quote:
BrightestStarr:
last champ who can "roam" successfully

there are plenty who roam well