Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot : Custom Item Build to Replace Recommended

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hey its brent

11-06-2011

I know people have brought this up before, but I want to see how people feel about it now.
Is there any skill required in clicking Rod Of Ages then Sapphire crystal then Tear then Pendant, or would a separate menu (Just like the ones for mysteries and runes) be more helpful. Something like this :

Items
Akali >>> {Bloodthirster} {Tear of the Goddess} {Chalice of Harmony} ..... etc.
or a separate check box that said
Use Recommended items [x]
Not too hard,
Store them locally, like mysteries.

Btw, I was totes joking about the Akali build, Dont make fun of me :C

Conman0210

11-06-2011

The recommended items are there because that's exactly what they are...recommended items. And honestly, beyond 1-2 "core" items that a champion will pick up every game, further items should be subject to each individual matchup 99% of the time. I'd rather Riot work on other, more significant projects rather than dedicate the time and resources necessary to code something like this into the game.

Vuliev

11-06-2011

Quote:
NotACleverPony:
The recommended items are there because that's exactly what they are...recommended items. And honestly, beyond 1-2 "core" items that a champion will pick up every game, further items should be subject to each individual matchup 99% of the time. I'd rather Riot work on other, more significant projects rather than dedicate the time and resources necessary to code something like this into the game.

I understand your sentiment, but there are already simple third-party programs to do this; plus, there was a red thread telling players how to mod the game files to "hard-code" their recommended builds in. The only thing they'd need to write is a simple drag-and-drop interface to actually create the build. I doubt it would take more than a few weeks in a worst-case scenario.