Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FetisPuncher

11-10-2011

It's funny you never consulted with me on this Stez. Because I would tell you that none of the those that you mentions that would counter Nasus - do. In addition, i just recently proved that Ryze couldn't handle Nasus bot lane.

Stez007

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
It's funny you never consulted with me on this Stez. Because I would tell you that none of the those that you mentions that would counter Nasus - do. In addition, i just recently proved that Ryze couldn't handle Nasus bot lane.
Who would you say counters him, then? Riven I've been hearing, but who else?

I looked for those that could out-push and out-range him, mostly. Anyone that needs to get into melee range (barring Riven, apparently) is almost certainly out, as well as anyone that relies on kiting (looking at you, Singed) or cannot match his push. Most mages I doubt could bring his health down before going splat, as he gets so ridiculously tanky.

Thoughts?

FetisPuncher

11-10-2011

The thing is, Nasus doesn't really have a Hard counter - because he can build towards who ever he plays against. I've had my rough times with champs like Irelia who can close the gap and do dmg - but later I found out with other matches, I could simply just build tankier - a simple Omens usually does it - and then later throughout the game they no longer pose a threat.

So you get these stalemate moments where Nasus can't push, but once he gets certain items, then he builds enough momentum to do his job. That's how it's always been with me.

Now this doesn't include the experience factor: me being an experienced Nasus vs. someone who isn't, and that of Nasus's uncommon appearance in Dominion; peoples' lack of knowledge as to how to deal with a bottom laned Nasus. It's a common scenario where people take Nasus as joke, troll pick, and because of this get cocky; inhibiting their gameplay.

aim1essgun

11-10-2011

If you want to try a test vs Riven hit me up. I doubt I've played any legitimately skilled Nasuses. I also think I get an advantage because they never expect me bot and never start out with items geared towards me.

Gdank

11-10-2011

I've not read the whole thread ... however imho :-

Heimerdinger - Nunu works well too against him eating his turrets!

However, I just counter all with Maokai ... very few can actually deal with him. Normally they have to put 2 bottom to push my lane and/or kill me.

My Main account is on EU ... played 200+ games now ... and the last 20+ with him, and while he suffers a little mid game in a team fight (mostly because I rush RoA), early or late he is too good.

He has a root and a knockback that can keep enemy under a turret that they pushed on, so combined with Garrison I can defend like anyone 1v1.

The seed bombs do good damage at rank 4 (which does take long to get), and can easily kill a wave of minions with little effort. they can also be used to flush people out of the bushes where Heimerdinger, etc.. like to hide.

The Ulti can be used to defend ... or cover you/others while you push on to their point.

He has an inbuilt heal .. so can stay in lane for a long time, combined with Seeds to protect mid-bot heal buff point.

There is very little people can do against him, except 2-3 man push/gank me. If so that's fine we should get their mid-top in return.

FetisPuncher

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1essgun View Post
If you want to try a test vs Riven hit me up. I doubt I've played any legitimately skilled Nasuses. I also think I get an advantage because they never expect me bot and never start out with items geared towards me.

Yea maybe next I'm online, we can custom one up. My only issue is I know Riven will be one of those rough starts, and me having lag issues all the time doesn't really help to the cause. I play a wireless connection, and while normally cruise with like 30 ping, every 20 seconds or so I literally get smacked with a huge lag spike. This is something that really ****s with my gameplay, thus doesn't reflect how well I can truly do. Even the match against Ryze, the dude i'm sure can attest for it. even though I kicked his butt, there were many times where i was just standing there doing nothing, or AA and not spaming my abilities for some reason. All because of my ****ty internet connection.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Sorry if this has been posted, I didn't read through all of the thread

I don't think Heimer counters Yorick. My experience on both sides is that if Yorick goes early Visage and Negatron, he will crush Heimer easily by just rushing him. Before Yorick gets the MR, Heimer wins, but once the MR passes 100, Heimer is dead meat.

TouchinMyself

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
Sorry if this has been posted, I didn't read through all of the thread

I don't think Heimer counters Yorick. My experience on both sides is that if Yorick goes early Visage and Negatron, he will crush Heimer easily by just rushing him. Before Yorick gets the MR, Heimer wins, but once the MR passes 100, Heimer is dead meat.
I eat heimer for dinner as yorick at all stages of the game. The worst he can do is harass with grenade, if he is stupid enough to get in rocket range i make him regret it.

Showmeyomoves

11-10-2011

Nasus--Sivir, Kog'Maw, Heimerdinger
Push and stay out of range. Don't worry about his Q farm, it won't get high. Be careful when he gets tanky!

Completely open to debate on the part of more knowledgeable players, but I have a good amount of experience as Nasus on bot lane, and Heim seems particularly vulnerable to Spirit Fire. Drop it on his turrets and they are easy to pick off, making him far more manageable. I agree its not an easy match in either champs favor, but in my experience (203 wins with a 55% win ratio) it is just that: not a counter pick selection. Again, just my opinion.

FetisPuncher

11-10-2011

I just had another match against a Heim - they had to double up against my Nasus.