Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aim1essgun

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Most Nasus, as mentioned, tend to build like they do on SR: early Glacial Shroud into Frozen Heart later. Riven needs to be close to Nasus to kill him, but an armored giant sandstorm dog ontop of purple ground punishes her way too hard. Logically she's just not a good pick, but I confess I havent been a part of that matchup yet.
After destroying another Nasus I'm feeling slightly more confident in my assessment.

Riven should never be standing on purple ground. Wither is nothing more than a minor annoyance because she can just punish you with abilities during that time. She can go toe to toe with Nasus ult with her ult up, and if the fight is going bad she can easily kite Nasus with her ministun and 4 minidashes that are unaffected by Wither. Then come back again with her ult that has half the CD of Nasus'.

Also, all of her abilities are half the CD of Nasus', except Q which doesn't matter because laning vs Riven he can't farm it at all.

Lastly once she gets some AD she just explodes minion waves. Even if the wave is on Spritfire she can E in, explode the wave with W and Q out without taking any damage or being in any danger from Nasus.

Angryfridge

11-09-2011

I cant believe nunu isnt on this list. He's one of the strongest bot champions out there. I play him with promote and smite, and it's absolutely devastating.

Consume allows you to eat yorick ghouls and heimer turrets, as well as being able to 1 shot the big creeps if you level it (you should). Smite another creep, keep your big creep bloodthirsted and your pushing power is ridic. When the big one gets low, promote it (it heals) and bloodthirst it, and watch it shred everything in its path.

I build him Odyn's, spirit visage, Will of the Ancients, Frozen heart and this gives him retarded vamp, consume healing for like 600, with CDR cap and 3 second ice balls.

NOTHING can outpush him, I use him as a counterpick for heimer most of the time, but honestly, the only time I've ever come anywhere NEAR having trouble was against the big bursty aoe ap carries that can keep the waves cleared, and even then. I wasnt losing, just not pushing.

Eubanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

People seem to really underestimate Talon bottom. I've never lost to a Heimer as him, that's for sure at least. Yorick gives him more trouble than anyone, but that applies for most people anyways.

Nekrogen

11-09-2011

I find it interesting that you think that Sivir is a counter to Ryze. Realistically and theoretically I don't believe this to be true, but in fact the other way around. I can't physically show you why on the forums, but here is the theory behind it.

-Honestly, if Sivir can land her Q consistently then she deserves the lane; it is actually hard to land her Q on competent players and will only be useful to push.
-Her ricochet is certainly an excellent pushing ability but her auto attack range is actually less than both Ryze's Q and E, so if Ryze is behind Sivir's minion wave.. Well she can't really do much but Q now can she?
-Her spellshield would seem like a counter to any mage, but the main issue against Ryze is that he has a million spells in between spellshield cooldowns (and even then he can cast more than 1 in series), rendering this ability relatively ineffective.
-Her ultimate is fantastic for the extra attackspeed and if she can get in range of the creeps, then she is going to push the lane with ease. The issue here lies in Ryze's rune prison: if Sivir pops her ultimate, Ryze can easily lure out the spellshield and snare her, or just out DPS her since he should have a glacial shroud by then (which, by the way, will give Ryze a HUGE advantage over her). If he manages to snare her, he can just move out of her autoattack range and DPS her without taking damage himself. His snare comes off cooldown very fast, so he can probably use it around 3 times throughout Sivir's ultimate period.

Really, all Ryze has to do is avoid her Q. The rest is gravy and Sivir won't even get a chance to push. Once Ryze has a frozen heart.... well then this should be the point that Sivir should switch lanes. If you believe my logic is flawed in some way please feel free to debate it, or we can do some empirical research should you wish to take that route.

jaunty22

11-09-2011

nunu hard counters heimerdinger. huck snowballs at that nerd and eat his turrets, push him out of lane constantly.

Stimuz

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunty22 View Post
nunu hard counters heimerdinger. huck snowballs at that nerd and eat his turrets, push him out of lane constantly.
Till heimer gets some AP and levels his grenade to wipe creep waves, then it's just a stalemate. Problem now is that you're nunu and hes a useful champ.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

Urgot is an excellent champ to bot with. I have personally won the lane against many of the champions on this list. With good hits with the Noxian Charge you can easily push the opponent off the point or out of the lane. The Acid Hunters are great for taking down minions and destroying the pesky turrets Heimerdinger lays down.

Stez007

11-09-2011

I could definitely be wrong on Nasus v Riven. I'd have to play the matchup to see for certain, but for now I can add Riven as a fourth option counter-pick.

It's entirely likely my Ryze v Sivir matchup is heavily influenced by my skill with Sivir and my opponents' skill with Ryze. I'd gladly attempt the matchup 1v1 with you Nekro, to see for myself what happens against a skilled Ryze player.

I'm still not convinced about Urgot and Nunu. Urgot because I haven't yet seen a good one, Nunu because I haven't yet seen him at all.

Nekrogen

11-09-2011

Quote:
It's entirely likely my Ryze v Sivir matchup is heavily influenced by my skill with Sivir and my opponents' skill with Ryze. I'd gladly attempt the matchup 1v1 with you Nekro, to see for myself what happens against a skilled Ryze player.
I wholeheartedly agree, as I've said countless times in many different threads and on stream: player skill is greater than any champ in the league.

This is more or less why I provided the theory behind my opinion, because it is very difficult to determine which champion fares better in a 1v1 situation due to player skill. Even if I won, it wouldn't prove me completely right and if you won it wouldn't prove you completely right either. With all that said, feel free to add me and we can have a friendly 1v1 bottom lane at your leisure.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-10-2011

Quote:
I'd gladly attempt the matchup 1v1 with you Nekro, to see for myself what happens against a skilled Ryze player.
Quote:
With all that said, feel free to add me and we can have a friendly 1v1 bottom lane at your leisure.
Now this is how it should be less flaming on forums, and more playing it out on the field ^^

Please do report your findings here. I'm always interested in the matchups and how they work out.