Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

11-05-2011

Holy ****, a list that's actually useful and means something? Bravo, sir.

Nekrogen

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Holy ****, a list that's actually useful and means something? Bravo, sir.
I agree. +1 and bookmarked for future reference :P

Stimuz

11-05-2011

Kog is the only soraka bot counter.

Anniie

11-05-2011

For countering Soraka bottom, I think she's hardest countered by ranged AD, more so than someone like Zilean.

See, Soraka has the third lowest base armor in the game. 8 ARMOR. Meanwhile, her passive gives her really good MR. Fighting Graves bot is a 50/50 at best, if he plays bad. Haven't seen her yet but Caitlyn is probably a real pain too.You'll usually rush a frozen heart early against these guys but it's not always enough. If they're smart and get lifesteal your pokes start getting really lackluster.

JayceJa

11-05-2011

moakai absolutely destroys the people on that list of 'counters'

maokais hardest counters are ryze and morgana

Necks

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
I would suggest switching out Sivir for urgot, because he CAN wreck him if he lands his noxian grenades. Sivir pops too easily and needs to get in range of his creeps to be effective, which means be in range of ryze :P.
No, Urgot sucks. Don't play him. He has no pushing power, he does no damage if he misses grenades. His skill ceiling is too high for most people to play him well. It's better to avoid picking Urgot all together. K.

Stimuz

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
For countering Soraka bottom, I think she's hardest countered by ranged AD, more so than someone like Zilean.

See, Soraka has the third lowest base armor in the game. 8 ARMOR. Meanwhile, her passive gives her really good MR. Fighting Graves bot is a 50/50 at best, if he plays bad. Haven't seen her yet but Caitlyn is probably a real pain too.You'll usually rush a frozen heart early against these guys but it's not always enough. If they're smart and get lifesteal your pokes start getting really lackluster.
It's still not a counter since she can just wipe any creep wave pushes if shes forced to play defensively while waiting for a key item like thornmail. Kog with phage is the only bot that can actually kill soraka.

Nekrogen

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
No, Urgot sucks. Don't play him. He has no pushing power, he does no damage if he misses grenades. His skill ceiling is too high for most people to play him well. It's better to avoid picking Urgot all together. K.
lol :P

Just saying, a good urgot can decimate anyone he pleases bottom lane, so i guess he could be a good counter to anyone haha

Buru Diman

11-06-2011

This list is a very good guide. But lets not forget that skill>champion. I would like to see the same list with the rest of the common bans. Like Ryze against Jax or Lee Sin against Akali or Yorick against Poppy (from my experience).

Nekrogen

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
This list is a very good guide. But lets not forget that skill>champion. I would like to see the same list with the rest of the common bans. Like Ryze against Jax or Lee Sin against Akali or Yorick against Poppy (from my experience).
Absolutely. Skill is the most important element of dominion.

Perhaps urgot is terribad in the wrong hands, I don't know (haven't really seen a godawful urgot before).

12345612 ... 17