Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stez007

11-17-2011

Things I plan to update:

--Yorick counters. Heimer will probably be out, Nunu in.

--Nunu added as Sivir counter, replaces Cass.

Still need good Singed and Nunu counters, if anyone could help--preferably people who play Singed/Nunu often!

Elealar

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Things I plan to update:

--Yorick counters. Heimer will probably be out, Nunu in.

--Nunu added as Sivir counter, replaces Cass.

Still need good Singed and Nunu counters, if anyone could help--preferably people who play Singed/Nunu often!
Cassiopeia is amazingly equipped to eating Singed's face. Nunu's too; both need to get way closer to the creeps than her Q range to do anything and neither has truly enough damage output to threaten a Cass with WotA + Giant's Belt (for Rylai's eventually) built - and against Singed you just build an early Voidstaff as Cass's base damage on especially E is actually pretty scary. Early game Singed could kill her but early game Singed is actually squishy before Ult and still rather squishy before he gets his first big MR and HP items rolling so he'll have a hard time going through Miasma + QE-spam without just plain dying.

Tho note, against Singed you do want to have Ignite since without it it's just incredibly difficult to actually ever kill him when he goes aggressive after the 10 min mark when he's gotten tanky. But Cass with Flash/Ignite against either, I can't see Cass ever losing.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Caitlyn bot hard counters heimer and basically anyone who relies on pushes.

You can trap the brush and the approaches so you won't get caught, and you can auto attack him and more importantly his turrets from out of their range. 3-4 shots downs a turret for free $$ and you can clear the wave with your Q easily to stop his push. Unless you are brain damaged and keep running into grenade there is literally no way he can win bot unless they bring in another champion and leave the other shrines 4 vs 3, since every time he drops a turret he is basically feeding you a free CS.

Kassadin counters Ryze pretty well bot (although you may need garrison to hold for the first 2-3 minutes until level 6 if he's going push heavy with like promote or something).

He takes reduced magic damage, gets a ****ton of E charges since Ryze spams like mad, and if ryze tries to spam combo you your longer range silence will quiet him long enough to just slow him and walk away. Once you hit 6 it's not even a contest. If he tries to push you can silence, chunk him with your constantly charged E due to his spam, and just rift away before he can even fight back. Ryze won't have much MR since they rarely get the negatron cloak of Odyn's before the catalyst/glacial shroud/tear and you will win basically every trade.

Aikimiller

11-18-2011

I've been playing a lot of Jarvan lately.

this guy can counter Heimer pretty hard. Just play it safe till lvl 6, then lure him away from his turrets and pop your ult. Jarvan is also amazing against any of the ranged carries, just make sure you force them to blow their escape before you pop your ult on them.

Singed gives me absolute fits though, your harass isn't strong enough to give him pause, your ult can't keep him trapped long enough to kill him, and you don't have the range to harass him consistently enough to make him back off.

The times I've played singed/nunu, the thing that's always given me fits is long range harassment, combined with good kiting. If someone can consistently keep me off the minions, they can almost always at the very least stalemate me.

Anniie

11-18-2011

Soraka can faceroll Singed. I don't think Singed is all that great though. Don't think you really need to be picking hard counters to him. Get some lifesteal/vamp or any kind of decent sustain and he can't really do anything anymore. Once certain champs hit a power plateau Singed is essentially frag meat and can't do anything useful anymore. If you're a caster, don't blow CDs on him. Maybe go somewhere else. If you're sustained damage, just kill him.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
Soraka can faceroll Singed
Actually a good soraka can faceroll a lot. Her silence is far, it's fast, it's instant. Her Q goes from mild damage to OMGWTFJUSHAPPEND?! in a heartbeat. She is very weak in a 1v2 however, so she dies quickly to ganks hindering her bottom lane power.

However, in clusterfck fights where she doesn't get focussed down right away and gets a couple of Q's in it really starts to add up.

Stez007

11-20-2011

Update bump. Several changes made this time. It appears my fears about champion viability were for naught, though, as I've had success with every champion I thought would be affected by the Warmog's removal and new masteries.

PrincessDerpy

11-20-2011

Karthus section should note the commonality of using Revive. It's a powerful summoner for various reasons, but Karthus takes it to the next level with his passive: Even if you gank his tower with multiple friendlies, you're not going to actually be able to take that tower for roughly 14 seconds unless you have an epic minion push to the point that you secure it before he gets back from the fountain.

Or you can shove him off of it, but few champs can do that on demand with regularity. Karthus is also a pretty good tower diver again due to that passive, if he's built damage you HAVE to get away from him or you'll take heavy damage. He has rough matchups in bot lane but due to his insane global presence (he can easily swing any major fights over Windmill once he has his ult) he's quite valuable even when facing a bad matchup.

Panwar

11-20-2011

I notice Gragas isn't on there.

He isn't a very common pick but he has great pushing, great harass and great gank avoidance.

He is strong against any champs that are vulnerable against poke, and any melee champs that have to walk up to the minions to push them.

Weak against better pokers(faster skill shots, more damage) anyone with enough sustain/HP to make it through his ult/rush/barrel combo, or fast champs that are hard to land a barrel on.

FetisPuncher

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
I notice Gragas isn't on there.

He isn't a very common pick but he has great pushing, great harass and great gank avoidance.

He is strong against any champs that are vulnerable against poke, and any melee champs that have to walk up to the minions to push them.

Weak against better pokers(faster skill shots, more damage) anyone with enough sustain/HP to make it through his ult/rush/barrel combo, or fast champs that are hard to land a barrel on.
i can actually vouch for this. just about every time I played grag, it was bot lane. usually went against Ryze, Karth, and Heimer.. all i can say is, he starts slow.. then he begins to push once his barrel rolls one shots everything.